- Category: Contemporary Classic
- Classification: Sparkling Cocktail
- Basic liqueur: Champagne
- Equipment: directly in the glass
- Glassware: Champagne flute
- Garnish: an orange slice and a cocktail cherry
- 9 cl Champagne, very cold
- 1 cl Cognac
- 2 drops of Angostura bitters
- A sugar lump
How to make itPlace the orange slice in the bottom of the glass; put the sugar lump, soaked with Angostura Bitters, over it and pour in Cognac and then Champagne that must be very cold. Decorate with a cocktail cherry. The cocktail is ready.
Variations and noteAnother cocktail similar to Champagne Cocktail is Golden Lady. You can serve it before lunch or dinner. The recipe was created in USA in 30s for a competition among New York journalists; the winner was John Dougherty.