- Type: short (IBA version)
- Alcoholic level: alcoholic
- Basic liqueur: Gin, Sweet Red Vermouth, Bitter Campari
- Equipment: directly in the glass
- Glassware: lowball glass
- Garnish: half an orange segment
- 1/3 Gin
- 1/3 Sweet Red Vermouth
- 1/3 Bitter Campari
How to make itPlace 4-5 ice cubes in the glass and add all the other ingredients. Mix well with the bar spoon and decorate with half an orange segment. The cocktail is ready.
Variations and noteIf you want, you can add a dash of Soda Schweppes and serve it in the Old Fashioned glass. It's a good pre dinner cocktail. It was invented in Florence at Casoni Bar (20s) because Camillo Negroni, an Italian count, asked continuously to his favorite bartender, Scarselli, a fortified Americano with gin.