Tortilla Chips all'Italiana
Tortilla Chips, Italy-style Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400 g (14 oz) chips (Casa Fiesta)
- 500 ml (16 fl oz - 2C) puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 100 ml (4 fl oz - 1/2C) dry white wine
- 2 200 g (7 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 250 g (8 1/2 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (36 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This is a very simple recipe that combines Italian and Mexican ingredients.
According our taste it’s very appetizing!
Prepare a sauce putting in a pan the puréed tomatoes together with the aromatic herbs and wine. Season to taste with salt and let it cook on a low heat until half the wine evaporates. Add the red beans, well drained, and keep on cooking for a further 5 minutes. Switch off the gas and pour in the olive oil. Stir very well.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grate the mozzarella cheese.
Cover the bottom of a baking pan with some of the sauce, arrange a thick layer of tortilla cheaps and sprinkle some of the grated mozzarella on the top. Keep on in this way alternating sauce with tortilla chips and mozzarella cheese until all the ingredients are used. Finish with grated mozzarella.
Bake until mozzarella cheese melts.
- - Add chilli pepper to the sauce, if desidered
- - Serve as appetizer.
Rating: 0 / vote cast: 0