Olive alla Madrilena
Olives, Madrid-style Traditional recipe from Spain
Recipe to season green or black olives. It's very easy and fast to do. You need few ingredients according to the Mediterranean diet: onion, garlic, paprika powder, dried oregano, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. This recipe tastes fantastic!
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 500g (1.1 pounds) green or black olives, in brine
- 150g (5.3 ounces) fresh young onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika powder
- Powdered oregano
- Chopped garlic
preparation: 15 minutes
plus resting time
cooking: no cooking required
total: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 115 (kcal) 6 % GDA (*)- 481 (kJ)
Protein: 0.7 (g) 2 % GDA
Total fat: 11.6 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.0 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.0 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (105 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
How to season green olives, Madrid style
- - Wash olives in cold water and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper accurately.
- - Put them in a bowl and add onions and garlic.
- - Sprinkle with oregano and paprika according to your own taste.
Season with olive oil and vinegar.
Stir accurately and season to taste with salt.
Just before serving
- - Let all rest in a cool place before serving (for at least 1 hour).
- - It's a do-ahead dish. You could prepare it the day before too.
- - If you do not like garlic, replace it with some tablespoons of dried or fresh chives.
- - You can assemble a tasty assorted antipasto platter with these olives. Just add salami, prosciutto and cheeses.
- - They are a good choice for aperitivo, Italian style.
- - Fiber per serving: 1.9 grams.
- - Pay attention to the serving. Apparently, calories are not high but the portion is limited to a few olives. If you use big olives, every serving is 6 to 7 olives per head.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1