Pollo alla creta
Chicken in the brick Traditional recipe of Italy
What's chicken in the brick? It's a chicken recipe in which you have to use a particular clay pot to cook your chicken. It's a very simple recipe but very tasty confirming the simplier you cook the tastier your dishes will be! And then ... it's a low fat recipe (Mediterranean diet) too, ideal for all the family, your kids included, provided you follow my tips!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 1.2kg (2 2/3 pounds) skinned chicken in pieces
- 150g (5 1/2 ounces) low-fat raw ham in thin slices
- Sage leaves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, chopped
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: about 90 minutes
total: 1 h 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 264 (kcal) 14 % GDA (*)- 1106 (kJ)
Protein: 47.1 (g) 95 % GDA
Total fat: 8.4 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (160 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for chicken in the brick
Preparation and cooking
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Season to taste every chicken piece with salt and pepper (if liked).
- - Put a little sage leave on every piece and sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
Wrap a raw ham slice round every chicken piece.
- - Try to shape the chicken by assembling all pieces.
- - Wrap the chicken with the aluminum foil and put in the brick.
- - Bake, about 90 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your chicken directly in the brick.
- - Before using the brick for the first time you have to immerse it in warm water for almost two hours and then, if you want, to rub a garlic clove on the surfaces that are not glazed.
- - You can use dried aromatic herbs instead of fresh ones.
- - Look at the photos for more details.
- - Accompany your chicken with an assorted green salad. The right serving ofbread is 50g (1 3/4 ounces).
- - The calories of chicken in the brick are not high due to the fact that I remove the skin and evident fat inthe chicken and use very lean ham. The situation is very different if you do not make these steps. Calories are 568 and fats 40 grams. This is the difference!
- - Given that the amount of protein of chicken clay is already high I suggest you choose a pasta or rice for lunch seasoned with vegetables. Avoid using other day in protein-rich foods (fish, eggs, meat)
What's the right wine for " Chicken in the brick "?
Pair Nobile di Montepulciano (red wine from Tuscany - Italy) to your chicken in the brick.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 8