Penne al sugo d'arrosto
Penne dressed with pot roast beef sauce Our original home cooking
To combine pasta with pot roast beef sauce is a classical Italian recipe. Every family has his own recipe and this sauce can be with or without tomatoes. Now I'm going to show you my personal recipe. Penne are combined with the gravy of pot roast beef in tomato sauce. Fantastic!
Ingredients / Serves 6
- Gravy of pot roast beef
- 480g (17 ounces) penne (Italian pasta)
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: about 25 minutes
total: 55 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (156 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Penne with pot roast beef sauce recipe
When Carlo and I have to plan a seated dinner menu we sometimes prepare pot roast beef in tomato sauce and combine this sauce with pasta. Very gorgeous! So we have two courses for a very tasty Italian menu: first course based on pasta and second course with meat!
Preparation and cooking
- - Follow my directions to prepare pot roast beef in tomato sauce. Link below!
Lard meat piece with raw ham strips and cook it in tomato sauce with sausage.
Put apart its cooking juice
- - Cook pasta you have chosen in a plenty of salt water but remember that sauce is already salty.
- - Meanwhile heat up pot roast beef sauce.
- - Drain pasta and combine it with the sauce.
- - Stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Serve penne with pot roast beef sauce still hot.
- - Accompany pasta combined with this particular sauce with grated Parmesan in a bowl.
So everyone will be able to serve himself according to his personal taste.
- - If you want, you can cook pasta "al dente"stage, sprinkle it with grated mozzarella cheese and bake for some minutes or until mozzarella melts. It’s very tasty!
- - Choose the pasta shape you prefer. I suggest penne but there are a lot of short pasta shapes. Ziti are very tasty combined with this meat sauce but my tip is not to choose it when you have guests because your guests may stain themselves easily.
- - Menu for special occasion.
Start your meal with mini pizzas, serve these penne, then pot roast beef in tomato sauce accompanied with a seasonal side dish and close your meal with a home cake!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to the recipe pot roast beef in tomato sauce.
- - It's impossible to calculate nutrition facts of this pasta dish: the sauce is too variable.
If you choose these penne with pot roast beef sauce in your daily menu serve it at lunch. Complete your menu with a seasonal side dish and fresh fruit.
The pot roast beef accompanied with a seasonal vegetable dish, a serving of bread (50g - 1 3/4 ounce) and fruit will be your dinner.
What's the right wine for " Penne dressed with pot roast beef sauce "?
Match penne with pot roast beef sauce with Bonarda (red wine from Lombardy - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1