Sugo con ceci e patate
Potato & chick peas sauce Our original home cooking
- 500 g (1,1 lb) canned tomato pulp
- 1 little young onion
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 big potato
- 1 400 g (14 oz) can chick peas
- 200 ml (7 fl oz - 3/4 C) white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 30-40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 201 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 841 (kJ)
Protein: 7.1 (g) 10 % GDA
Total fat: 9.4 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 22.4 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 5.3 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (98 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Clean the onion, wash and chop it; peel and cube potato. Put the oil, tomato pulp, chopped onion, cubed potato, all the aromatic herbs, wine and
a couple of ladles of water in a saucepan. Season to taste with salt and cook over a gentle heat, stirring now and then, until potato is
soft and sauce is retired. At this point drain chick peas and pour into the pan. Keep on cooking for other few minutes in order to flavour
The sauce is ready.
This sauce is very easy to do and it's the best thing for dressing boiled rice (about 325 g - 11 oz). It serves 4.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1