Sugo magro con agnello
Lean lamb sauce, healthy recipe Our original home cooking
Do you like lamb sauce and do you think is too fat? In reality, lamb meat, once deprived of visible fat, is leaner than most other meats. In addition when I make this sauce for my family I avoid frying slightly onion in olive oil and the result is much healthier and digestible. That's important when there are children at home. Lamb meat is widely used in various Italian regions, including Abruzzo. My father was from Abruzzo and I have learned from my grandmother many secrets and recipes that I try to put into practice in a modern way, according to healthy lifestyle. Other Italian sauces with meat, fish or vegetables?
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 650g (1.4 pound) leg lamb in slices
- 1 250g (8 3/4 ounces) leek
- 400g (14 ounces) pureed tomatoes
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Some sprigs fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 172 (kcal) 9 % GDA (*)- 721 (kJ)
Protein: 14.9 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 11.2 (g) 16 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 3.7 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 3.7 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (98 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Healthy recipe for lamb pasta sauce
Preparation and cooking
- - Remove any bones from lamb meat.
Than remove any visible fat.
- - Grind your meat or chop with a sharp knife.
- - Chop onion.
- - Put pureed tomatoes, onion, lamb meat, bay leaf and half a glass of water in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Season to taste with salt.
Stir, lower the heat and continue cooking, half-covered, for about 20 minutes.
- - Meanwhile wash and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper chives.
Then cut it into little pieces with scissors.
Just before serving
- - Once turned off the stove, add chives, olive oil and stir very well.
- - Your sauce is ready.
- - I prefer to work on the leg of lamb in this case because it is easier and faster to prepare.
- - You can toss every kind of pasta shape or gnocchi (both potato gnocchi without eggs in their dough and those one have eggs too) with this lamb sauce.
- - You can prepare this sauce in advance too.
- - This lamb sauce of mine is very easy to do but tasty and it may be a right choice for your family menu or a full menu in your get-togethers when you'd want to make your guests test different recipes. In many cases full menus may turn into not-easily-digestible food. Do you agree? You always need to plan your menu in an intelligent way and first of all when there are children at table.
- - What about and idea for a delicate but tasty menu for children when you have to celebrate?
Starter: mini pizzas or pizza, cut into pieces, topped only with mozzarella cheese or with mozzarella cheese together with cotto ham (I prefer cotto ham instead of raw ham because I'm able to cut it easily)
First dish: egg tagliatelle or "spaghetti alla chitarra" dressed with this sauce.
Second course: a rabbit dish. It is important to choose a delicate recipe. I suggest my rabbit-and-vegetable terrine. Accompany it with a seasonal green salad or boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes.
Cake: the best choice is fruit tart or apple pie. But I suggest to consult our page dedicated to sweets to find your favorite Italian recipe.
- - The cooking technique is very simple and healthy but the sauce is delicious.
- - The dose of meat is very close to the daily portion, so you should avoid cooking other meat in the second main meal of the day and prefer fruit and vegetables because in this case fibers are really nonexistent.
What's the right wine for " Lean lamb sauce, healthy recipe "?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1