Strawberry tart (Torta alle fragole)
Strawberry tart is a sweet with few ingredients that is done in two stages. In fact, first you need to prepare an appropriate cake shell with a softer texture than classic pastry. Then, once cooled, this shell is filled with strawberries and berry jelly. I assure you that is very good and the recipe can also be used for other fresh fruit. Cake shell recipe below, in the same page.
time: 30 minutes
calories: 232 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 1 tart shell to serve 12
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) ripe but firm strawberries
- 200g (7 ounces) red berry jelly
- 1 organic lemon
- 10g (1/3 ounce) granulated sugar
- preparation: 20 minutes
Plus cooling time
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
12 % -
Protein: 3.3 (g) 7 % GDA
Total fat: 9.7 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 34.8 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 19 (g) 22 % GDA
Download free PDF version (87 download).
Strawberry tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Put berry jelly in a little pan together with a tablespoon of water.
Bring to a boil on very low heat and stir until a fluid syrup. You need very few minutes.
Put your syrup apart.
- - Meanwhile clean and wash strawberries very quickly.
Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Cut strawberries in half lengthwise.
- - Take your tart shell and distribute strawberries.
Sprinkle sugar on strawberries with a strainer.
Also distribute berry syrup which must still be warm in order to cover all strawberries.
- - Wash lemon and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Grate its peel directly on strawberry surface trying to distribute it uniformly.
Just before serving
- - Keep your strawberry tart in the refrigerator up to a quarter of an hour before serving.
- - Cut your cake in slices and serve each one on a plate with a sweet fork.
- - Preparation and cooking times are related only to the filling of tart shell.
- - This strawberry tart can be preserved in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. I assure you that it keeps its flavor.
- - Strawberries are in season from May. So this strawberry tart is a perfect dessert for the late spring and summer. Now with the quality of re-bloom strawberries you can find them at the market until late summer and beyond. But remember they give the best of themselves as sweetness and flavor between May and June.
- - You can prepare this strawberry tart for a snack for your children by adapting its size to your goals because there is no need to prolong its storage for more than 48 hours. For example, you could think of tartlets.
- - Or you can choose this cake with strawberries for your full menus, when you invite friends and for formal dinner parties because its shell isn't hard and is suitable to be cut well with a sweet fork.
I'd serve this cake at the end of a BBQ too. Or in a cold dinner even if it's a meal, buffet-style.
I suggest do not prepare it for a picnic because I think it needs to be eaten fresh.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for tart shell.
If you prefer the classic pastry shell, follow the link!
- - Read more on BBQ menu.
- - For once this strawberry tart is not an Everest in calories, fat and sugar. But you have to respect the suggested portions and the ideal would be to consume only one serving per day. I remind you that recently WHO recommends as a daily dose of sugar only 50 grams.
- - Fiber per serving: 1.2 grams. Very few indeed, not enough to compensate its sugars
What's the right wine “Strawberry tart”?
Generally I pair no sweet wine to this strawberry tart. Lemon presence suggests to avoid both sparkling and dessert wine. So I serve lemon-flavored liquor (our famous limoncino or limoncello) after eating it :))