Italian short pasta dressed with turkey and mushrooms ( Strozzapreti con tacchino e funghi )
Our original home cooking
time: preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
calories: 609 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) turkey breast, finely diced
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) frozen champignons
- 1 medium size young fresh onion, chopped
- 3 big, ripe but firm tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 150 ml (5 fl oz - 3/4 C) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g (8 1/2oz) Italian fresh short pasta (strozzapreti)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if you like
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
31 % -
Protein: 35.0 (g) 70 % GDA
Total fat: 13.0 (g) 19 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 88.2 (g) 33 % GDA
Sugars: 15.0 (g) 17 % GDA
cooking: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (126 download).
Boil the tomatoes for 1 minute; peel them, remove the seeds and cut into little pieces.
Put the meat, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, aromatic herbs, tomato paste, wine and a little ladle of water in a non-stick frying pan. Season to taste with salt and bring to the boil; at this point lower the flame and keep on cooking, half-covered, stirring now and then, until the meat is tender and cooking juice is well retired. You need 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the short pasta you've chosen in a plenty of salted water until "al dente" stage. Drain it very well and pour into the pan. Let all the ingredients flavour over a fierce heat for few moments, stirring now and then. Switch off the gas and pour in the olive oil, stir and serve at once. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese if you like it.
- - It's a tasty single-course meal. You can complete it with fresh seasonal fruit.
- - It's an healthy recipe: it's low fat, the olive oil is added without cooking it to preserve all its nutritive properties and all the ingredients aren't fried.
- - If you don't find ripe tomatoes, you can substitute them with 6-7 canned peeled tomatoes.
- - You can realize this recipe with the short pasta you prefer if you don't find strozzapreti.
- - You can realize this dish without adding salt: it's tasty even without salt!
What's the right wine for " Italian short pasta dressed with turkey and mushrooms "?
Our suggestion is: Trentino Lagrein Rosato (rosé wine from Trentino - Italy).