Gratinated scallops with dried apricots (Capesante gratinate con albicocche secche)
Our original home cooking
Scallops can be found throughout the year but it is from May to August that their meat is most appreciated. The recipe for scallops au gratin I propose is different from the usual, very tasty and well suited for your seafood dinners in special occasions, Holiday season included. Its doses and preparation make this recipe ideal as antipasto (starter).
time: 30 minutes
calories: 284 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) scallops, shelled
- 80g (2.8 ounces) dried apricots
- 20g (3/4 ounce) plain dried breadcrumbs
- Some sprigs fresh chives
- 2 leaves fresh peppermint
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- preparation: 10 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
15 % -
Protein: 28.4 (g) 57 % GDA
Total fat: 8.9 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 21 (g) 8 % GDA
Sugars: 13.6 (g) 16 % GDA
Download free PDF version (55 download).
Scallop-and-apricot skewer recipe
- - Clean and chop fresh chives and peppermint leaves.
- - Put 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and scallops in a non-stick frying pan. Cook on both sides on very low heat, 2 minutes.
Just before turning off the stove add chives and peppermint too.
Season to taste with salt and stir.
Let all cool.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a baking pan with remaining olive oil.
- - Remove scallops from the pan; mix plain dried breadcrumbs with cooking juice.
Dip scallops and apricots into the mixture and let it stick to them completely and abundantly.
Thread a scallop, an apricot and continue alternating your ingredients.
- - Grill, 4 to 5 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your scallop skewers hot.
- - You can not prepare this scallop recipe ahead.
- - You can open your meal with this dish in every season.
- - You can also serve gratinated scallops as second course; in this case it serves 2. Accompany scallop skewers with a seasonal green salad.
- - I occasionally prepare them for a meal, buffet-style in summer too. In this case I couple only a scallop with an apricot.
- - This scallop skewer seems a low-calorie dish but the portion is small. I created it to start a full menu.
- - Fiber per serving: 0.3 grams.
What's the right wine “Gratinated scallops with dried apricots”?
My husband and I always pair a white wine to this scallop recipe. It's ideal dry sparkling wine too.