Mustard-flavored sauce for meat (Salsa senapata)
Authentic Italian recipe
Mustard-flavored sauce is a special cold sauce for boiled beef or cold roast or boiled veal tongue. It's a very easy-to-do recipe and you need no much time to prepare it. It's a sauce made with vegetables, pulses, mayonnaise, mustard and olive oil that may recall the extraordinary Russian salad to your mind.
time: 30 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 200g (7 ounces) mayonnaise
- 1 little white celery heart
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons canned peas
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if you like
- preparation: 30 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Protein: 2.1 (g) 5 % GDA
Total fat: (g)
Total carbohydrate: 5.3 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 4.5 (g) 5 % GDA
Download free PDF version (150 download).
Wash and chop the celery finely.
Peel and chop the carrots very finely. The best choice would be grating them.
Put all the vegetables in a little bowl together with mustard.
Dress with olive oil and lemon juice according to your own taste.
Season to taste with salt and pepper too, if liked.
Let it rest for almost an hour.
Add the peas, well drained, and mayonnaise just before serving.
- - If you don't use canned peas boil frozen peas or fresh peas in spring.
- - Eat this mustard-flavored sauce just prepared. If you have any sauce left, keep it in the refrigerator up 1 to 2 days.
- - Accompany boiled meat, sliced cold roast or boiled veal tongue with this sauce. Serve it in a gravy boat in the formal occasions or in a small bowl in family.
- - It's impossible to calculate the total calories and fat of this recipe because we can't know the right quantity of the olive oil. It varies every time.
I can only tell you that every tablespoon of the olive oil has 90 calories and 10g in fat.
Energy without oil = 401 kcal (1677 kJ)
Fat without oil = 41,4 g