French bean salad (Fagiolini in insalata)
time: a few minutes
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600 g (21 oz) French beans
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar from Modena (Italy)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, in vinegar, well drained
- a few minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Total fat: (g)
Total carbohydrate: (g)
Download free PDF version (107 download).
Trim the ends of the French beans, pulling off any strings. Wash them and steam for about 15-20 minutes. Cooking time depends on their size. You can add to boiling water some balsamic vinegar. Drain and put them in a large bowl. Let them cool. Dress with all the ingredients and stir gently.
You can add a clove of garlic, if you like.