Insalata di spinaci ed arance
Spinach & orange salad Traditional recipe from Spain
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 medium size oranges
- 125 g (4 1/2oz) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 red onion
- 150 g (5 1/2oz) black olives, stoned
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red vinegar
- 6 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Clean the spinach leaves to remove any sand and grit; don't soak for too much time in cold water! You need only 2-3 minutes a time. Drain them very well.
Peel and slice the onion finely.
Peel the oranges and segment them; then peel every segment holding the fruit over the bowl where you want to serve the salad to collect the juices.
Put the orange segments, spinach leaves, onions, olives and pine nuts in the bowl. Make an emulsion with the olive oil, red vinegar and salt; dress the salad with it, stir and serve at once.
- - You can also make this salad with corn salad as you can see in the photo.
- - We use fresh young onions instead of red onion.
- - If you want to know how to peel easily the orange segments, consult our »Cookery School» in the »Member-only area».
You can find some ideas for combining this salad with other dishes and setting up the table in the members-only area: so you'll be able to plan a Spanish dinner party!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1