Crostini alla Napoletana
Crostini, Naples-style Authentic Neapolitan recipe
Crostini, Neapolitan style. It is typical of this cuisine the use of tomato, anchovies, mozzarella, good-quality olive oil and oregano. This is the list of ingredients you need to prepare these croutons that are mouthwatering and suitable to be served in many different occasions as I'm going to explain below!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 125g (4.4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 8 (150g - 5 1/3 ounces) bread slices
- 2 ( 250g - 8 3/4 ounces) ripe bur firm tomatoes
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 30g (1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of oregano
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 204 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 854 (kJ)
Protein: 8.0 (g) 16 % GDA
Total fat: 18.1 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.5 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.5 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (115 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Neapolitan crostini recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare tomatoes.
Wash tomatoes, let them boil for a minute for peeling easily and then remove their peel and their seeds.
Finally cut them into fillets.
- - Slice mozzarella cheese finely.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Just before cooking.
Butter bread slices but put apart a bit of butter for oiling a baking pan.
Arrange a slice of mozzarella on every bread slice.
Place tomato and anchovy fillets too.
Put bread on the baking pan.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oregano and olive oil.
- - Cooking in the oven.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until mozzarella is almost melted.
Just before serving
- - Remove the pan from the oven.
Serve your crostini warm.
- - You can choose a loaf, a baguette or a sandwich loaf for your crostini.
- - You have to modify the doses according to the size of your bread. I use these doses for baguette slices as you can see in the photo.
- - I don’t butter my crostini for a low-fat recipe. They are equally tasty!
- - When I have no time, I use canned peeled tomatoes instead of fresh ones.
- - Serve these crostini as starter or single-course meal (in this case increase the doses) accompanied with a seasonal green salad.
- - Excellent solution for a rustic buffet, an afternoon snack, a snack-dinner (drunch) that is going so fashionable. I will also suggest them in BBQ parties as an appetizer to offer with a chilled wine while you finish cooking the meat ;)
Useful links for this recipe
- - Are you interested in other recipes from Campania and Naples? follow the link to the page my husband and I dedicated to this Italian region.
What's the right wine for " Crostini, Naples-style "?
Select wine according to the occasion in which you choose to serve these crostini. They can be combined with different types of wine, red and white, including bubbles, according to my husband and me.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2