Sangria rossa, versione invernale
Winter red sangria Our original home cooking
Red sangria is made with red wine, of course. But you can prepare different versions depending on the season and its fresh fruit. In winter, for example, there are oranges, lemons, apples, pears and pomegranate. Here I present to you my recipe, that I find very aromatic and delicious with pork or duck recipes or my winter paella.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 1 pomegranade (350g - 12 1/3 ounces)
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic apple
- 1 organic pear
- 120ml (4 fluid ounces - 1/2 cup) Cointreau liquer
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 bottles red wine Grignolino
preparation: 30 minutes
plus resting time
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 186 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 776 (kJ)
Protein: 0.0 (g)
Total fat: 0.0 (g)
Total carbohydrate: 7.9 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 7.9 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (77 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for sangria with red wine and winter fuit
- - Prepare the pomegranate.
Remove the outer peel and extract all its seeds.
The operation may be quite long. Act over a plate to recover its juice too, eventually.
- - Prepare the other fruit.
Wash the orange and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Cut into slices with all its peel.
Make the same with the lemon.
Wash the apple and pear. Peel them, cut them into quarters, remove the core and cut into small pieces
- - Put sugar and Cointreau into a large bowl. Stir well.
Add all the fruit and eventually pomegranade juice too.
- - Stir very well.
- - Pour in the red wine too.
- - Stir well and preserve, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
Just before serving
- - As you can see in the photo, I serve my sangria with all its fruits without filtering.
But you can decide to filter it and pour into a carafe.
- - Remove from the refrigerator at least a quarter of an hour before serving. Sangria is perfect cool!
- - Prepare this sangria in advance, the day before.
- - Since this sangria is alcoholic, it is necessary to think of cold tonic water to dilute it, if your guest want.
- - My husband and I use Grignolino wine (Piedmont) for this sangria. The presence of the pomegranate suggests not to use a more full-bodied or too perfumed wine. In addition, we use this wine with strawberries and other fruits with excellent results.
- - Attention to the amount of lemon. If it is very fragrant limit yourself to half of it. Otherwise you risk its flavor may win over the rest of the fruit.
- - The sangria is usually prepared when we have to plan dinner parties with a lot of people or refreshments for ceremonies or other special occasions. It is hugely popular in meals, buffet-style too. This version is very well suited to be paired with hot and cold meat dishes, especially based on duck, pork, turkey. Not bad with rice salad and pasta salad. I remember you these dishes can also be prepared for buffet in winter.
It's great with my winter paella too.
- - The doses I suggest are enough for 10 people.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in Grignolino wine? its pairings?
- - Nutrition facts consider only liqueur, wine and sugar. Fruit could only flavor the wine. If you eat fruit too, calories and sugars increase.
- - Everyone should drink responsibly. That's why I suggest these doses serve 10 people.
So do not abuse it.
Drinking in moderation is a good rule for us adults. Minors are not included, they should not drink.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1