Sorbetto al limone
Lemon sorbet Authentic Italian recipe
Lemon sorbet. I show you the traditional recipe of lemon sorbet as we Italians are used to do. It is a delicious dessert you can serve after a fish-only dinner or lunch. It can be refreshing to eat a sorbet during a summer afternoon as a snack too. Lemon sorbet can be also served after a fish dish, waiting for the following meat dish in a typical full menu, Italian style.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 200g (7 ounces) sugar
- 3 lemons
- 500ml (1 pint - 2 cups) water
- A liqueur glass of grappa (Italian liqueur)
preparation: 10 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 152 (kcal) 8 % GDA (*)- 637 (kJ)
Protein: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Total fat: 0.0 (g)
Total carbohydrate: 33.5 (g) 13 % GDA
Sugars: 33.5 (g) 38 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Lemon sorbet recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Make a syrup with water, sugar and a lemon zest, cut into thin strips.
- - Let it get cool.
- - Then add 3 lemon juice and grappa. Stir very well.
- - Transfer it into an ice-cream freezer, 20 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve at once or preserve in the freezer.
- - You can serve this sorbet at the end of a lunch or a dinner: use a small cup for every guest.
- - On the contrary use a champagne glass if served between fish and meat dish.
Rating: 3 / vote cast: 3