Macedonia rosso - arancio
Watermelon-and-melon salad Our original home cooking
Watermelon-and-melon salad is a summer dessert to be served cold. It's delicious and colorful recipe to close an alfresco dinner or a summer menu or to put on a buffet table. Other Italian cakes and desserts?
Ingredients / Serves 8
- Half a watermelon (about 1.2kg - 2 2/3 pounds)
- 1 melon (about 1.2kg - 2 2/3 pounds)
- 1 orange juice
- 1 lemon juice
- A pinch of powdered cinnamon
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: no cooking
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 64 (kcal) 4 % GDA (*)- 269 (kJ)
Protein: 0.9 (g) 2 % GDA
Total fat: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.3 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 15.3 (g) 17 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (154 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Halve the melon, remove its seeds and cut its flesh into little balls. Make the same thing with the water melon, removing
all the seeds. If you don't waste too much flesh, cut the flesh of these fruits only into little pieces.
Put all the fruit pieces in a bowl, add the orange and lemon juice and the quantity of sugar you prefer. Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir accurately. Chill in the refrigerator until you have to serve it.
- - The calories are calculated assuming to add only 50 grams of sugar. As long as you use fresh fruit, at the right point of ripeness ;))) Consider that each tablespoon of suga rmake calories and sugar increase. Respectively 10 calories and 2.2 grams of sugar which is not much but it could be important for those with serious metabolic diseases. And then the less refined sugar you use, the better it is. Loretta
- - It's a cold dessert for summer. It's very tasty if served with chocolate ice-cream little balls. You can prepare it ahead.
What's the right wine for " Watermelon-and-melon salad "?
Our suggestion is: don't serve sparkling wine with this fruit salad but serve a liqueur after (lemon or orange-flavored liqueur)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1