Macedonia di frutta estiva senza zucchero
Summer no-sugar fruit salad Our original home cooking
Fruit salad is one of the simplest dishes. Yet, even this recipe may have complications such as sugar. Right? Traditionally lemon juice is added to ripe fruit to prevent oxidation. But lemon juice makes everything sour and so, many add sugar. All this can become a real problem, especially for people who have to follow different types of diets. Take a look at my recipe for fruit salad without sugar. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 250g (8 3/4) ripe strawberries, full of flavor
- 200g (7 ounces) ripe apricots
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) cherries
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) ripe peaches
- 200g (7 ounces) red plums
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey, if necessary
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: no cooking
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 52 (kcal) 3 % GDA (*)- 216 (kJ)
Protein: 1.1 (g) 3 % GDA
Total fat: 0.2 (g) 1 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 12.0 (g) 5 % GDA
Sugars: 12.0 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (49 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Summer no sugar fruit salad recipe
- - Clean and wash all fruit.
- - Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Stone and halve cherries.
- - Squeeze lime.
- - Puree half strawberries together with lime juice.
- - Slice all remaining fruit into a large bowl.
- - Add strawberry and lime juice and stir well.
Just before serving
- - Chill until serving but remember to bring back to room temperature.
- - It would be better to use all fruit with its peel but you have to choose organic fruit especially if you have kids ;))
- - I use Roman lime that has not at all the classic sour taste of lemon or lime and ensures sufficient sweetness to my fruit salad.
Add 1 tablespoon honey if your fruit salad is too sour.
Obviously, to get the result of a fresh fruit salad without sugar you need to use very ripe fruit and aromatic strawberries.
- - If you do not find Roman lime, use less than half a small lemon. The more lemon you add, the more sugar you could be forced to add.
- - You could also add dried fruit to enrich flavor but calories increase, of course ;))
- - The photograph is for illustration purposes only. The glass cup is overflowing as you can see. Impossible to eat well. But I gladly offer summer fruit salad in glass cup with the correct serving ;))
- - This fruit salad recipe is ideal in June and July, when all the ingredients are in season and can be found at the market easily.
- - Serve this fruit salad for breakfast and as a snack in the morning or afternoon.
- - If you serve it to close a full menu in your get-togethers, I recommend you to add some sugar unless you know the tastes of your guests. Nowadays too much attention to the sweet taste seems to prevail.
- - The combination of chosen fruit does make the full of carotenoids, flavonoids and vitamin C. All very useful to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, and, as you well know, very healthy in other aspects.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2