Ciambelle di patate al cedro
Potato donuts with citron zest Recipe by our reader Nini54
Potato donuts with citron zest is a kind of sweets in my family had always been done since I was a child. Potato donuts are fantastic and we ate all of them in short time! The same thing happens with my children, now! Nini54
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 500g (1.1 pounds) potatoes
- 200g (7 ounces - 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 550 to 600g (1.2 to 1.3 pounds - 5 1/2 to 6 cups) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 16g (1/2 ounce) baking powder
- A coffee cup of milk
- 40g (1.4 ounces) sultanas
- Grated rind of half a citron
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
totale: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 587 (kcal) 30 % GDA (*)- 2454 (kJ)
Protein: 16.2 (g) 33 % GDA
Total fat: 4.0 (g) 6 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 127.9 (g) 48 % GDA
Sugars: 40.1 (g) 45 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (163 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Potato donut recipe
Soak sultanas in warm water, 30 minutes.
Boil potatoes and mash on the work surface.
Add sugar, flour (begin with 550g - 1.2 pounds) and citron zest.
If you don't find a citron, replace it with a lemon.
Squeeze sultanas from soaking water and add to other ingredients.
Make a well in the ingredients and add eggs too.
Melt baking powder in warm milk and pour into your well.
Beat eggs together with milk and begin incorporating flour and other ingredients little at a time.
Continue kneading with your hands.
Add other flour only if necessary.
Make a ball and let your dough rest for some minutes.
Meanwhile prepare all you need to fry your sweets.
Pour abundant extra virgin olive oil into a non-stick frying pan.
Prepare a serving plate with kitchen paper to absorb most fat in excess and place a skimming ladle near your pan.
Cut your dough into pieces and reduce them to cylinders on floured work surface.
Then cut out pieces 15cm (6in) long.
Close their ends into a ring.
Fry your donuts in hot oil. Remember to fry them few at a time in hot oil because they tend to rise in contact with it.
Fry on all sides until brown.
Transfer your donuts on kitchen paper to absorb the fat in excess.
Serve your potato donuts at once.
Sprinkle with icing sugar if liked.
The Italian Taste team wrote the recipe by Nini54, calculated calories and translated it in English, fully respecting the text sent by our reader.
- - I was able to calculate calories, fat and sugar of these potato donuts suggested by our reader Nini54 only partially. Deep frying does not allow to make a precise count. So what you see in the nutrition facts is only relative to the ingredients excluding frying.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1