Clafoutis alle ciliegie
Cherry clafoutis Traditional recipe from France
Clafoutis is a traditional French cake. This recipe belongs to the Limousin region, whose capital is the city of Limoges. But this cake is very diffused in Italy too. There are too many versions with a lot of fruits. Here's the recipe with cherries. To make clafoutis with cherries you have to choose very juicy and pulpy cherries but you mustn't remove their stones. Stones make aromatic this cake. Pair Brachetto d'Acqui (wine of Piedmont) with this cake.
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 125g (4.4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125g (4.4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500ml (1 pint - 2 cups) skimmed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 30g (1ounce) icing sugar
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) ripe cherries
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 149 (kcal) 8 % GDA (*)- 621 (kJ)
Protein: 5.3 (g) 11 % GDA
Total fat: 1.8 (g) 3 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 28.7 (g) 11 % GDA
Sugars: 21.2 (g) 24 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (132 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Cherry clafoutis recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Remove stalks from cherries.
- - Wash them and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Mix sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- - Add the eggs listed in the ingredients, one at a time, stirring with a whisker continuously.
- - At this point add salt and then milk slowly, stirring continuously.
You have to obtain a puffed and foamy mixture.
- - Butter a metal pie dish (32x22x4cm - 13x9x2in).
- - Add your cherries to the mixture and pour it into the pie dish.
- - Bake until clafoutis surface is nicely golden, about 40 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Remove your cake from the pie dish when it is cold.
- - Dredge with icing sugar just before serving it.
- - It's a very easy-to-do recipe. Nice to see and tasty to eat, of course!
- - Make it in late spring and early summer when cherries are in season.
- - Keep your cake at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
- - You can close a full menu for a special event with cherry clafoutis but you can make it frequently because it is a low-calorie cake.
- - Have you noticed how few calories has cherry clafoutis? It seems strange but the answer is in its ingredients. You have to use only 125g (4.4 ounces) of all-purpose flour and granulated sugar.
- - It's a low-fat cake too. Fantastic!
- - I recommend you to remove cherry stones if you make this cake for your kids despite some cooks may say.
What's the right wine for " Cherry clafoutis "?
According to my husband and me the best choice is to pair Brachetto d'Acqui (a red sparkling wine from Piedmont - Italy) with this clafoutis with cherries.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1