Crostata uva e amaretti
Fresh grape tart Our original home cooking
This tart with grapes and amaretti biscuits is a delicate cake for your children snacks or breakfast but it's ideal to close your late summer or early autumn menu too. It's an easy-to-do and quick-to-do recipe. Read carefully my healthy eating tips to know what's the best shell for your tart!
Ingredients / It serves 10
- 450g (1 pound) ready-to-bake rich shortcrust pastry
- 2 amaretti biscuits
- 1.2kg (2 2/3 pounds) firm but ripe grapes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Baking parchment
- Rectangular (20cm x 30cm - 8inx12in) or round cake pan
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 55 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 393 (kcal) 20 % GDA (*)- 1643 (kJ)
Protein: 5,1 (g) 10 % GDA
Total fat: 14.7 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 63.0 (g) 24 % GDA
Sugars: 40.1 (g) 45 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (98 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Fresh grape tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Begin with the fresh grapes you've chosen.
Choose ripe but firm fresh grapes.
Remove berries from their stalk and wash them.
Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper with delicacy.
- - Shell your tart pan.
Preheat oven to 190° C (375° F).
Line your tart pan with baking parchment.
Roll out pastry and pat it into the tart pan using your flour-dipped fingers.
- - The last step.
Prick pastry bottom with a fork and crumble amaretti cookies on its surface.
Arrange all berries, well aligned, side by side, as you can see on the photo.
Dredge with sugar and bake until dough is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your grape tart cool very well before serving, sliced.
- - You can choose different kind of grapes (black, white and rosé) with more beautiful results making different drawnings to decorate.
- - If you want, you can make shortcrust pastry at home. Link to my recipe, below.
- - If you follow healthy eating you can make this tart with my low-fat and low-calorie pastry. Link below.
- - This grape-and-amaretti tart may be an idea of breakfast or snack in the morning and afternoon alternative to the usual industrial cakes. Eating homemade products with seasonal fruit is always the best solution.
- - The right season for this grape tart is late summer or autumn.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to the shortcrust pastry.
For healthy eating lovers the light version of shortcrust pastry
- - Interested in other salt and sweet recipes with grapes? Read our page dedicated to grapes
- - This grape tart has only 2.4 grams of fiber.
- - Now I want to show you the difference you can have in nutrition facts according to the shell you can make. Here are nutrition facts with my low-calorie and low-fat shortcrust pastry made with olive oil instead butter and less sugar (doses with 300g - 10 1/2 ounces of flour).
calories: 242 (1014 kJ)
total fat: 3.7g
total carbohydrate: 50.9g
I think no other comment is necessary!
- - The greatest objection that some people make is that when you eat a cake it should be done very well with all its sugar and fat. Very true ... provided that such a cake is rarely done. Certainly not every week ;))
What's the right wine for " Fresh grape tart "?
My husband and I suggest you to pair a dessert wine from Piedmont (Italy): Asti Moscato.
Rating: 4 / vote cast: 6