Torta farcita per occasioni speciali
Stuffed cake for a special occasion Our original home cooking
To make this multi-layer cake you need sponge cake, chocolate cream, pastry cream and whipped cream. This cake can be very complicated if you prepare everything by your hands or very simple if you buy ready-to-use products. The choice is yours. It 'a cake for a special occasion and common sense would suggest to do everything by hands but we must often think of the available time. Match bubbles or a dessert wine with this cake. In Italy we call bubbles sparkling wine ;) Other recipes for cakes and desserts?
Ingredients / Serves 12
preparation: 1 h 30 minutes
plus cooling times
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 2 hours
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 616 (kCal) 31 % GDA (*) - 2575 (kJ)
Protein: 13.9 (g) 19 % GDA
Total fat: 30.8 (g) 45 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 72.7 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 52.4 (g) 59 % GDA
Recipe for stuffed cake for a special occasion
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare sponge cake and let it cool.
- - Prepare pastry cream and let it cool.
- - Prepare chocolate cream and let it cool.
- - Cut your sponge cake into three layers.
- - Soak lightly every layer with rum diluted in milk or water.
It's difficult to say what is the right quantity of rum.
It depends on your taste and on children.
If the cake is for them, I suggest you to use milk with some drops of fruit syrup.
- - Put the first layer on a work surface and spoon the chocolate cream on its surface.
- - Cover with the second layer and now spoon pastry cream on this surface.
- - Cover with the third layer.
- - Transfer your cake on the serving platter.
- - Whip heavy cream.
Remember to use it very cold and add the icing sugar in the list of ingredients.
- - Now spoon the whipped cream on the top and all around as you can see on the photo.
Just before serving
- - Decorate your cake according to your taste and the special occasion you have to celebrate.
- - Chill until serving.
- - My experience suggests me to tell you to whip heavy cream and decorate your cake about two hours before serving it. But chill it until serving.
- - Keep your cake leftovers for not more than two days in your fridge.
- - Now I give some decoration ideas:
- fresh fruit (strawberries and kiwis or wild berries)
- chocolate flakes
- candied cherries
- various kinds of cookies
- candied fruit
- little pieces of canned pineapple.
- - This stuffed multi layer cake is ideal for cold months.
Don't make it in summer. Too hot for whipped cream and other creams!
- This is a cake ideal for a birthday party or every special event you want to celebrate.
- If you prepare it for a full menu remember it isn't the ideal cake for a fish menu.
- - A few lines, this time, for my cake. There is little to say. Nutrition facts speak for themselves!
As you can see its calories are equivalent to a full lunch or dinner.
But you should reflect about the amount of sugars and fats.
A surprise for you? look well at its ingredients!
Even if you choose this stuffed cake for your special occasions, the recommendation is that a cake like that should not be eaten more than two or three times a year.
- - There are no decorations in nutrition facts.
- - Fiber per serving: only 2.4g