Torta di mele casereccia
Apple cake Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 12
- For the filling
- 1 kg (2,2 lb) apples
- 50 g (2 oz) golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Powdered cinnamon
- For the dough
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) white flour
- 4 eggs 200 g (7 oz) sugar
- 150 ml (5 fl oz - 3/4 C) milk
- 50 ml (2 fl oz - 1/4 C) Strega liqueur
- 16 g (1/2 oz) baking powder
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 40-45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 237 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 992 (kJ)
Protein: 5.7 (g) 12 % GDA
Total fat: 1.9 (g) 3 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.2 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 30.3 (g) 34 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (123 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Put the golden raisins in a bowl, add warm water to cover and let them soak for 15-20 minutes.
Peel and slice the apples. Put them in a bowl, add the sugar and the cinnamon in the quantity you prefer. Stir very well. At this point drain the raisins and squeeze out, then add them to the apples. Stir.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a round cake pan with a removable bottom (Ø 25 cm/10in) with the greaseproof paper.
Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and gradually whisk in the milk mixed with liqueur until well combined. The mixture must be soft. Then spoon half the mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange all the apples on top and cover with the remaining mixture.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the surface is golden.
- - You can prepare a better cake if you choose organic ingredients (apples, eggs, raisins and flour)
- - If you have a diet poor in sugar, you can substitute the white flour with kamut flour. Besides you can use fructose; in this case halve the doses so the calories become 200, total carbohydrates 39.8 and sugars 20.9.
- - You can substitute the liqueur with the lemon rind; grate it in the mixture. Remember to use an organic lemon.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1