Crostata al cioccolato e arance
Chocolate-and-orange tart Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 450g (1 pound) ready-to-use puff pastry
- 200g (7 ounces) plain chocolate (dark chocolate)
- 125ml (4 1/2 fluid ounces - 1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- All-purpose white flour
- Unsalted butter
- 50ml (1 2/3 fluid ounces - 1/4 cup) orange-flavoured liqueur
- 3 oranges
- Pinch of cinnamon
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 341 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1426 (kJ)
Protein: 3.9 (g) 8 % GDA
Total fat: 16.3 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 43.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Sugars: 31.8 (g) 36 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (145 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie together with 2 tablespoons of liqueur.
Switch off the gas and add half the sugar and cream. Stir very well.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Roll out the pastry in a lightly floured surface using a lightly floured rolling pin.
Transfer it on a buttered cake tin.
Prick the dough with a fork and pour in the chocolate mixture.
Don't fill the tart completely.
Remember you have to arrange orange segments on the top too.
Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Let the tart cool before taking it away from the tin.
In the meanwhile peel the oranges and divide them in segments.
Remember to remove all traces of white pith.
The white part of the peel is tasteless and spongy.
Then add water to the the remaining liqueur to reach 50 ml (1 2/3 fluid ounes - 1/4 cup).
Add the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
Bring to the boil on high heat.
At this point add the orange segments and let them boil for 2 minutes. Stir very slowly.
Arrange the segments on the surface of the tart.
You can brush the top with the remaining juice of the cooked oranges.
Look at the photo for more details.
- - If you want, you can prepare the puff pastry by your hands. The best thing is to double our doses.
- - Prepare this tart in advance, its taste will be better.
- - You can modify the sugar quantity according to your personal taste.
- - And let's think now about the calories of this chocolate tart. The recommended doses serve 12. Someone could consider the resulting portions too small. But look carefully what happens to calories, fat ... if we consider only 8 servings calories: 511 kcal - 2139 kJ protein: 5.8g fat: 24.5g total sugar: 65.2g soluble sugars: 47.7g fiber: 3.9g As usual the calories of cakes, and not only cakes, depend on their amount. The ancient Romans said: "In medio stat virtus" ... ;))))
What's the right wine for " Chocolate-and-orange tart "?
It’s difficult to match the right wine with chocolate. The best thing would be to serve a liqueur after, the same orange liqueur you've used to make ths tart.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1