Torta facile con uva
Easy to make grape cake Our original home cooking
This cake is really very easy and quick to do. Usually, I prepare it with seedless grapes because removing the seeds from every grape takes time. Child friendly cake for the Mediterranean diet, typical of autumn. Low sugar cake recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 10
- 300g (10.5 ounces) seedless grapes
- 280g (10 ounces) whole wheat flour
- 250ml (8 1/2 fluid ounces) skimmed milk
- 50g (1 3/4 ounces) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10g (0.3 ounces) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanillina powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 185 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 774 (kJ)
Protein: 5.7 (g) 12 % GDA
Total fat: 5.6 (g) 8 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 29.6 (g) 11 % GDA
Sugars: 11.2 (g) 13 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (35 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Easy to do grape cake recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Wash grapes and pat dry the excess water with paper towels.
Remove every grape from the stalk and halve it.
- - Heat milk, turn off the stove and add sugar, vanillina and baking powder. Stir very well.
- - Transfer milk in a bowl.
Now, pour in whole wheat flour through a strainer, stirring continuously.
Add olive oil too and a pinch of salt. Stir very well.
- - At this point you have to put in egg yolks.
Then whip egg whites.
Add whipped whites to your dough with slow movements from bottom upwards with a wooden spoon.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Transfer your cake dough into a silicone round cake pan (11" x 2").
- - Place your grapes on the top.
- - Bake, at least 20 minutes, and then, if you see your cake already golden, reduce oven temperature to 160°C (320°F) and continue cooking until a toothpick inserted in the dough will be well dry once extracted.
Just before serving
- - Let your grape cake cool completely before turning it over a serving plate.
- - If you see that your dough is hard, add more milk.
- - Store this grape cake in the fridge because it tends to change flavor if kept at room temperature.
- - I have tested this recipes a lot of times with different varieties of grapes. Anyway, choose sweet grapes because the sugar is little.
- - This grape cake is ideal for your breakfast. Besides you can choose it as a snack in the morning and afternoon but in smaller serving.
- - The main characteristic of this cake is the low amount of sugar that is replaced by the sugar found naturally in fruits. One of the most serious problems of our Western society is the excess of fat and sugar in the diet which results in very high calories. Making our children get used to more natural flavors is becoming increasingly important.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.8 grams
Rating: 4.7 / vote cast: 3