Gratin di riccioli e verdure
Baked pasta with vegetables and mozzarella cheese Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- For the sauce
- 250 g (8 1/2oz) aubergine (eggplant), cubed
- 200 g (7 oz) courgettes (zucchini), sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 50 g (1 3/4oz) onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 450 g (16 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml (4 fl oz - 1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chilli (if wished)
- For "gratin"
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) small pasta shape (riccioli, penne, macaroni.)
- 1 bunch of fresh chives
- 250 g (8 1/2oz) "mozzarella" cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated "Parmesan cheese", if wished
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: about an hour
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 633 (kcal) 32 % GDA (*)- 2647 (kJ)
Protein: 26.6 (g) 54 % GDA
Total fat: 26.2 (g) 38 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 77.1 (g) 29 % GDA
Sugars: 10.0 (g) 12 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (141 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This is a typical dish of baked pasta. In Italy we use to serve it as first course. I usually prepare this dish in advance.
Prepare the sauce. Put all the vegetables in a saucepan; add the parsley, tomatoes and a ladle of water. Season to taste with salt and chilli and cook on a low flame, half-covered, for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add some other hot water only if necessary.
At this point switch off the gas, add the fresh basil and olive oil. Stir well with delicacy. The sauce is ready!
While the sauce is cooking, you can cook the pasta in a large pan of salted, boiling water, where you've added the finely chopped fresh chives. If you haven't fresh chives, you can use one tablespoon of dried one. Cook the pasta "al dente" stage.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 200° C (400° F) and prepare a shallow ovenproof baking dish. Oil it slightly with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the plain dried breadcrumbs. Drain pasta very well, toss it with the sauce and 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Stir gently and pour the mixture into the baking dish; spread the remaining "mozzarella" cheese and grated Parmesan on the top and bake for about 15 minutes or until "mozzarella" cheese melts.
Wait for few minutes before serving.
- - This is a typical dish of baked pasta in Italy.
You can prepare it for an everyday meal: in this case it's a typical one-plate meal. Complete it with a seasonal salad and fresh fruit.
But you can cook it for an important occasion: in this case it's a first course in a typical Italian menu and serves more people.
- - If you want a lighter recipe use half of the mozzarella cheese. Calories become 554, protein 20.7 and fat 20.2.
What's the right wine for " Baked pasta with vegetables and mozzarella cheese "?
Our suggestion is: Alto Adige Sylvaner (a white wine from Trentino - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1