Lasagne asparagi e salmone
Italian baked pasta with asparagus and salmon sauce Our original home cooking
This is a recipe for Italian lasagna dressed with asparagus and salmon fish. This baked pasta is easy to prepare but good. A great solution if you need to plan a get-together or want to prepare a Sunday meal different from usual. Typical dish of spring for the presence of asparagus, if you want to use them fresh. On the contrary it is a dish for the whole year with frozen asparagus. Pair rosé bubbles to this dish!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) ready-to-bake green lasagna
- 500g (1.1 pounds) fresh asparagus
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) fresh salmon fillet, skin removed
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) leek
- 1 dried bat leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 500g (1.1 ponds) puréed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 341 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1427 (kJ)
Protein: 14.6 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 12.8 (g) 19 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 44.8 (g) 17 % GDA
Sugars: 11.5 (g) 13 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (48 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Asparagus and salmon lasagna recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Begin with asparagus.
Remove the end of their stalk, always quite tough, sometimes woody.
Wash asparagus and tie together.
Read below how to steam them easily with common pans.
Once cooked, let them cool.
At this point remove their tips and put apart. Put their stalks through a food mill.
- - Chop leek very finely.
Place it a non-stick fryin pan together with olive oil and bay leaf.
- - Let all fry slightly, on a very low heat, stirring frequently.
- - Add puréed tomatoes and let it flavor, stirring now and then, few minutes.
- - Add a glass of hot water and puréed asparagus.
Season to taste with salt.
- - After 5 minutes add salmon, cut into thin strips.
Finish cooking on medium heat.
It takes few minutes.
Just before turning off the stove add chives, parsley and asparagus tips.
Stir very well.
Your sauce must not be too dense.
- - Prepare lasagna.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Choose a lasagna baking pan suitable for the sheets you've bought.
Distribute a little ladle of sauce on the bottom of your pan.
Place the first layer of sheets and cover with sauce.
Continue alternating lasagna sheets and sauce until you finish all ingredients.
Remember to complete with a thick layer of sauce.
If you want you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan breadcrumbs on your lasagna top.
- - Bake, 20 to 30 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your lasagna after 10 minutes, appropriately portioned.
- - You can prepare this lasagna dish in advance, it is better according to me. In fact this recipe is suitable to be made in two stages. The day before you can wash, steam and reduce to puree asparagus. On the same day, you can prepare lasagna sauce. As you have seen, it is very fast. Chill all overnight. Assemble lasagna just before baking!
- - You can camouflage vegetables to children who do not like them (just put their tips too through a food mill).
- - If you have any leftovers, do not worry! This lasagna dish is very good even the day after.
- - This asparagus and salmon lasagna dish is perfect for your Sunday lunch. It's and easy to do but tasty recipe.
- - If you have to plan an only-fish menu with your friends or relatives this lasagna recipe could be a perfect choice. Here's a menu idea of mine! All suggested recipes are linked in the next paragraph.
Starter. Consult our directory dedicated to Italian antipasto. There are a lot of ideas made with salt fish, molluscs and crustaceans.
First course. This lasagna dish.
Second course. You could choose among stewed monkfish, a very quick-to-do but tasty recipe from Marches (Italy) or citrus-flavored amberjack (a recipe of mine loved by all my friends) or the simplest baked sea bass. Your choice will be influenced by the fresh fish that you can find, for sure.
Dessert. Orange tart garnished with chocolate. Do you like this idea? I often finish my only-fish menus with Caprese cake. Both are delicious cakes you can make the day before.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the link to browse the directory of Italian starters where you'll be able to find your favorite Italian antipasto ideas, crostini, finger foods, canapés and savory cakes to serve sliced.
- - Follow the links for monkfish stew and baked sea bass if you prefer traditional recipes for fish. Read more about amberjack recipe if you want to experiment new combination of flavors.
- - Here is our list of dessert recipes, Italy-style. You can find suggested recipes very easily but ... there are many other ideas ;)) But remember ... neither whipped cream nor custard if you have eaten only-fish courses.
- - Daily menu. As you have already read, this lasagna dish with salmon and asparagus is not very rich in calories and fat. So you can plan it for your family menu.
Complete your lunch with a seasonal vegetable dish (green salad). Do not accompany with bread. Carbo are already present in lasagna. You can eat fruit as snack.
- - Special occasion menu. In this case do not worry about calories, fat and sugar ... it's a special event, right?
- - Fiber per serving: 5.3 grams (daily intake is at least 30 grams).
- - Every glass of wine (100ml - 3 1/3 fluid ounces): 80 to 85 calories.
- - You can prepare all my recipes without salt, they taste fantastic thanks to the combination of aromatics.
What's the right wine for " Italian baked pasta with asparagus and salmon sauce "?
My husband and I prefer to pair a good-quality rosé sparkling wine such as Franciacorta from Lombardy to this salmon and asparagus lasagna.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1