Insalata di pasta con fagioli
Pasta salad with borlotti beans Our original home cooking
Pasta salad with borlotti beans is a tasty main course you can serve in summer when it's very hot!
Choose it for your daily menu or for a special occasion: BBQ, alfresco dinner, a slunch or drunch menu. Match it with a white or rosé wine such as Corvo, Italian wine of Sicily. Read more on pairing wine below.
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) fresh Borlotti beans, shelled
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 pickled gherkins
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) grilled vegetables in oil (peppers, Italian squashes, aubergines)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 400g (14 ounces) short pasta
preparation: 30 minutes
plus chilling time
cooking: 60 minutes
total time: 70 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 379 (kcal) 19 % GDA (*)- 1584 (kJ)
Protein: 14.4 (g) 20 % GDA
Total fat: 14.4 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.8 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 5.4 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (108 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for pasta salad with borlotti beans
Preparation and cooking
- - Begin with beans.
Put beans in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat.
Boil till their interior is soft but their skin firm, about 15 minutes.
Drain very well and put apart.
- - Prepare other ingredients.
Slice grilled vegetables and pickled gherkins in a large bowl.
Add fresh chives and tomatoes.
Peel eggs and separate their yolk from the white.
Whites must be chopped finely while yolks must be mashed with a fork.
Then add all to the bowl.
Begin seasoning with olive oil and salt.
You can also use some powdered chilli, if you like.
Prepare this mixture an hour before cooking pasta if you have time.
- - Cook pasta and combine it with the other ingredients.
Cook pasta al dente stage in abundant salted water.
Drain pasta and run under cold water in order to stop cooking.
Drain it again very well.
Just before serving
- - Add pasta to the bowl too.
Season to taste with salt and remaining oil and stir gently.
- - Your pasta salad is ready!
- - You can use frozen borlotti beans too.
- - You have to eat this dish in the same day but you can prepare it some hours ahead to let all ingredients flavor.
- - You can add other ingredients such as capers or artichokes in oil ... but this addition increases nutrition facts.
- - You can prepare this pasta salad with beans for your family (modify the doses if necessary as I recommend below) or for a special occasion.
- - It isn't easy to prepare a tasty but healthy pasta salad. If you add everything you want you can have a high-calorie dish. In this case the nutrition facts of pasta salad with borlotti beans aren't very high. I created it for a complete menu with many other courses.
If you like it and want to prepare with the same calories use these doses per head: 50g (1 3/4 ounce) pasta, a handful of beans, 2 quail eggs (or half an egg), a very big ripe tomato (it seems to have a fuller plate if there are a lot of vegetables ... good trick, isn't it?), a pickled gherkin, a strip of pepper in oil, some little mushrooms in oil, 1 teaspoon olive oil and a lot of aromatic herbs. To complete your menu choose only seasonal fresh fruit. Are you still hungry? crunch seasonal raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, bell peppers.
What's the right wine for " Pasta salad with borlotti beans "?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1