Insalata di ravioli
Ravioli salad with trout & melon Our original home cooking
Ravioli salad is a cold summer dish, ideal when it's hot! This is an exclusive recipe of mine. One day I tried to combine melon with a smoked salmon trout I had in the fridge. In Italy we are used to combine melon with prosciutto and some chefs have created tasty recipes with melon and meat or fish as main ingredients. My attempt was successful and so every summer I often make this tasty dish. If you find ravioli made with green dough, it will be a colorful recipe with its combination of green and orange.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 250g (8.8 ounces) ricotta-and-spinach ravioli
- Half a melon (about 700g - 1 1/2 pound)
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) smoked trout fillets
- A little bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: it depends on ravioli quality
total: about 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 569 (kcal) 29 % GDA (*)- 2380 (kJ)
Protein: 24.8 (g) 50 % GDA
Total fat: 30.2 (g) 44 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.2 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 14.7 (g) 17 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (132 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Ravioli salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook ravioli.
Cook ravioli following the instructions on the package.
Transfer your ravioli to a colander with a skimming ladle and put under cold running water in order to stop cooking.
Be careful non to damage them.
Drain again and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper with delicacy.
- - Prepare trout and melon.
Meanwhile cut trout fillets into strips and put in a large bowl.
Clean your melon too, removing its peel and all seeds.
Cube its flesh (you can also cut its flesh into little balls as you can see in the photo).
Add melon cubes to the bowl.
Dress with olive oil and chives.
Just before serving
- - The last step.
Transfer your ravioli into the bowl and stir with delicacy.
Your salad is ready!
- - I suggest you to prepare this pasta salad 1 hour ahead to let all its ingredients flavor.
- - Use green ravioli for the best colors if you can find them.
- - If you want, you can add some lemon juice.
- - You can use less melon for dressing ravioli according to your taste.
- - This ravioli salad can be one-plate meal in your daily menu or an important dish in a complete celebration menu.
- - This is a typical summer dish but you can also include it planning a meal, buffet-style.
- - Note the amount of calories, fat and protein and the combination of its ingredients. This summer salad can be only one-plate meal. Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
I remember pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch and the calories eaten at lunch should be 500 - 700 (30 to 35% of energy needs for an adult if his daily needs are about 2000 calories and he correctly divides his calories into 5 micro-meals).
- - As you can see it's a tomato-free recipe, ideal for people intolerant or alergic to tomatoes.
- - If you want to drink a glass of wine remember to add its calories.
What's the right wine for " Ravioli salad with trout & melon "?
My husband and I matched Vermentino di Sardegna (white wine of Sardinia) the first time I made this salad and it's still our favorite wine for this special dish.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1