Pasta fredda con sgombri
Pasta salad with mackerels Our original home cooking
Pasta salad with mackerel and tomatoes is a recipe of mine, a tasty one-plate meal you can make in summer or for a meal, buffet-style all year. Its ingredients are: good-quality pasta, mackerel, ripe tomatoes, aromatics, balsamic vinegar, olive oil. I made several attempts before finding the right doses. Now I'm satisfied. I've already written the same thing about pasta salad with sardines. Link below! Mackerel pasta is an example of Mediterranean diet recipe provided that you use wholemeal pasta ;))
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) short pasta (penne, rotini, macaroni ...)
- 1 (about g200 - 7 ounces) mackerel, medium size
- 400g (14 ounces) ripe but firm tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- White vinegar
preparation: 25 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 557 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2329 (kJ)
Protein: 24.3 (g) 49 % GDA
Total fat: 20.4 (g) 30 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 72.9 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 13.0 (g) 15 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (152 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for pasta salad with mackerels
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare your mackerel.
Steam the mackerel until tender.
If you want, you can add a bit of white vinegar to the water.
When cold, remove its fishbone and skin and reduce its meat into pieces.
- - Prepare tomatoes.
Boil tomatoes, a minute, in order to peel them better.
When cold, remove their peel and seeds and dice their pulp.
- - Prepare the pasta you've chosen.
Cook your pasta al dente stage in abundant salt water.
Drain your pasta and run under cold water in order to stop cooking, drain again.
- - The last step.
Put your pasta, mackerel and tomato pieces, aromatic herbs, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl.
Season to taste with salt and stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Let your pasta salad cool very well and serve at least after 30 minutes.
- - Keep in a cool place until serving. Don't chill. This pasta salad could become indigestible.
- - For the same reason prepare and eat this pasta salad in the same day.
- - You can use fresh aromatic herbs for a tastier dish.
- - My husband and I prefer to choose very ripe tomatoes.
We peel them without boiling and so we preserve all their nutritive properties.
- - Serve this pasta salad with mackerel and tomatoes as one-plate meal for your Sunday lunch or weekday lunch if you have enough time or prepare it all year for a special menu (a fish barbecue, a celebration meal, buffet-style ...). In the second case the doses are enough for more people.
- - Note the amount of calories and the combination of its ingredients. It can be only one-plate meal. Complete your meal with fresh seasonal vegetable if you are still hungry and fruit.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch and the calories eaten at lunch should be 500 - 700 (30 - 35% of energy needs for an adult if his daily needs are about 2000 calories and he correctly divides his calories into 5 micro-meals).
Here are the doses per head to personalize your shopping list: 70 to 80g (2.5 to 2.8 ounces) pasta, half a little mackerel (about 100g - 3 1/2 ounces), 2 or 3 ripe tomatoes, aromatic herbs and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - For an healthier recipe use whole-meal or emmer pasta as you can see in the photo.
- - Be careful to the choice of dinner menu. Control the protein amount.
- - If you want to drink a glass of wine remember you have to add 80-85 kcal per 100 ml.
- - I remember you my original home recipes can be made without salt; there is a combination of flavors that substitutes salt.
What's the right wine for " Pasta salad with mackerels "?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1