Insalata di pasta in verde
Green pasta salad Our original home cooking
In the summer we prefer cold dishes. What about a cold pasta salad? My husband and I have tasted this recipe at midday and decided to propose it to you immediately because it’s very appetizing! It serves one (you can adapt the doses according to your needs). You'll need pasta, green beans (pureed and this is the reason why pasta is green), tuna in oil, aromatic herbs and olive oil. Very simple to do :))
Ingredients / Serves 1
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) short pasta (penne, rigatoni, fusilli …)
- 1 80g (2.8 ounces) can tuna in oil
- 200g (7 ounces) green beans (French beans)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried chives
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 45 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 492 (kcal) 25 % GDA (*)- 2059 (kJ)
Protein: 26.7 (g) 54 % GDA
Total fat: 18.5 (g) 27 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 49.4 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 7.1 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (15 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Tuna and green bean pasta salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare green beans.
Clean and wash green beans.
Steam and make a purèe with them.
- - Cook Italian pasta according to the instructions in the package.
- - Put the purèe of green beans in a bowl together with all aromatic herbs and tuna, well drained and crumbled with a fork.
Add pasta too, after draining it.
Dress with olive oil, season to taste with salt and stir well.
Just before serving
- - Keep in cool place until serving.
Chill only if you have leftovers for the day after.
- - It’s also an ideal recipe for your children. They don’t like vegetables, do they? They won’t realize they are eating French beans with this recipe! A word to the wise is enough!
- - This green pasta salad is very simple and so I suggest it for your family menu.
Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
- - I suggested this tuna and green bean pasta salad for your family menu for its simplicity but be careful. Simplicity does not mean low-calorie. Tuna in oil is not a low-calorie ingredient. And its calories are almost 500 even if the portion of pasta is 70 grams. This is the reason why it is one-plate meal. On the other hand it has all of the major nutrients.
- - If you replace tuna in oil with tuna in brine, you can reduce calories to 430 and total fat to 12.5g
- - Fiber per serving: 10.8g
What's the right wine for " Green pasta salad "?
Pair a white wine to this pasta salad. My husband and I like Corvo bianco (wine from Sicily).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1