Ravioli ripieni di salmone e patate
Ravioli stuffed with salmon and potatoes Our original home cooking
The filling for ravioli with salmon and potatoes works well when you have to plan a fish-only dinner menu. Salmon is loved by many people. Ravioli can be prepared in advance and served topped with a very simple sauce. This dish is perfect when you have guests or for your Sunday lunch.
Ingredients / Serves 8
- For ravioli stuffing
- 400g (14 ounces) potatoes
- 300g (10.5 ounces) fresh salmon
- 100g (3.5 ounces) smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- A pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the egg dough
- 400g (14 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
preparation: 50 minutes
plus cooling and rest time
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 342 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1430 (kJ)
Protein: 18.8 (g) 38 % GDA
Total fat: 10.3 (g) 15 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 46.5 (g) 18 % GDA
Sugars: 1.3 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (45 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe of salmon and potato filling for handmade ravioli
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare ravioli filling.
Steam potatoes, peel when still warm and crush them with a fork at once. Transfer crushed potatoes into a bowl.
Steam salmon. Remove its skin and crumble its meat wih a fork when still warm. Add to potatoes.
Meanwhile chop smoked salmon and add to other ingredients.
Now it's time to add aromatic, nutmeg and olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
Stir very well with a wooden spoon.
Your ravioli filling is ready. Put it apart.
- - Prepare egg dough with 400g (14 ounces) all-purpose flour.
You'll need an egg per 100g (3 1/2 ounces) flour.
Below, the link to the page with my directions to prepare at home egg dough. I remember you egg dough has to rest in a cool place, 30 minutes.
- - Prepare ravioli.
Below, the link to my page with step-by-step directions. Every step has its own photo.
Generally, to make this kind of ravioli stuffed with salmon and potates I work with a 36 holes aluminum square ravioli mold.
Usually, I get 160 ravioli with these stuffing doses.
Just before serving
- - The last step.
Cook ravioli in boiling water. You'll need more than 5 minutes. Time depends on the thickness of your egg dough.
Toss your ravioli and serve at once.
- - These ravioli filled with potato and salmon are excellent tossed with olive oil and chives or melted butter and sage or a light tomato sauce.
You can also top every portion with freshly-ground black pepper, if liked. Or add fennel seeds or chopped nuts or dried rosemary instead of sage in the butter when it melts.
- - If these doses are excessive for you, you can always freeze and cook them still frozen when you need. It may be helpful to read my page on ravioli (link below).
- - Use fresh or dried aromatic according to the season.
- - Suggested portions may be changed depending on how you serve these ravioli. If ravioli with salmon and potatoes are served in a full menu, they will be sufficient for a larger number of people. Everything depends on how much your family and guests are used to eat ;))
Useful links for this recipe
- - As promised, here are the links to my pages on ravioli making and egg dough making.
On the page for making ravioli you'll be able to find another filling with broccoli and ricotta with their doses to make 160 ravioli.
- - The nutritional values refer only to raw ravioli with their stuffing but do not take into account their sauce.
If you want to toss them with olive oil and chives, you have to know that every tablespoon of olive oil contains 90 calories and 10 grams of fat. While 10 grams of butter (if you prefer toss ravioli with melted butter and sage) provide just over 80 calories and 8 grams of fat on average. But attention to their composition of fats. Olive oil has much healthier fat.
- - Fiber per serving: 1,8 grams per serving.
What's the right wine for " Ravioli stuffed with salmon and potatoes "?
Match a white or rosé wine. According tome and my husband bubbles are perfect for this ravioli dish!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1