Friselle gamberi e peperoni
Friselle topped with prawns, sweet peppers and tomatoes Traditional recipe
This friselle recipe is a true delight! Its ingredients are raw peppers, prawns, ripe tomatoes and onion. Only prawns require a very short cooking. Easy to do, it is an excellent dish for the Mediterranean diet. Summer recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 175g (6.2 ounces) friselle, 100% whole wheat durum semolina
- 60g (2.1 ounces) young red onion
- 250g (8.8 ounces) ripe but firm tomatoes
- 200g (7 ounces) raw prawns
- 150g (5.3 ounces) red bell pepper
- 150g (5.3 ounces) yellow bell pepper
- Some leaves arugula
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus soaking time
cooking: 5 minutes
total: 25 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 535 (kcal) 27 % GDA (*)- 2240 (kJ)
Protein: 17.7 (g) 36 % GDA
Total fat: 17.8 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 81.3 (g) 31 % GDA
Sugars: 17.6 (g) 20 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (25 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for friselle with shrimps, peppers and tomatoes
Preparation and cooking
- - The first thing to do is to wet Friselle. Follow the directions on the package carefully. If you want, you can also read our suggestions. Just follow the link found below.
Warning ... the bread does not have to be soaked.
- - Put olive oil in a non-stick pan and let prawns (still in their shell) fry lightly, a couple of minutes. Long enough for turning their color into red.
Put apart all prawns.
Filter the oil, if necessary, and spread part of it on friselle already arranged on your serving plate.
Put apart remaining olive oil.
- - Wash tomatoes, arugula and bell peppers.
Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Cube tomatoes and bell peppers.
- - Shell prawns.
- - Slice onion, finely.
- - Arrange all these ingredients on friselle surface.
Just before serving
- - Your recipe is ready to serve.
But if you want it must be tastier, wait half an hour before serving.
- - If you prefer not to cook olive oil, you could cook prawns in boiling water, a minute.
- - You could add some drops balsamic vinegar.
- - Instead of raw bell peppers, you could use grilled or sweet and sour bell peppers but, obviously, calories and fat change.
- - This friselle dish could be a perfect one-plate meal for your weekly family menu in summer.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here are two links if you want to buy friselle on Internet but remember that they can be found on Eataly shops too. Agricola del Sole, Selecto.
- - Are you interested in more details about history and wet method for friselle? follow the link!
- - This dish made with friselle is well-balanced and full of essential nutrients. A typical example of Mediterranean diet recipe.
- - Fiber per serving: 10.4g (daily intake is 30g).
What's the right wine for " Friselle topped with prawns, sweet peppers and tomatoes "?
A good aromatic white wine is our suggestion. We absolutely love the Pinot grigio and most especially that one produced by Le Carline.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1