Polenta con spiedini di pesce
Polenta with fish skewers Our original home cooking
Polenta with fsih skewers is a very simple-to-do recipe that we routinely do when we have some polenta left. Polenta cooked in the way we are going to show you is very tasty and accompanies well seafood.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 500g (1.1 pound) cooked polenta
- 3 fish skewers (about 600g - 1.3 pound)
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) young fresh onion
- 1 orange
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (93 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe of polenta with fish skewers
Preparation and cooking
- - Chop the onion.
- - Slice the polenta.
- - Put 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- - Add the onion.
- - Arrange the polenta slices.
- - Fry the polenta slices on very low heat, turning the slices now and then.
- - Be careful the onion doesn't brown.
- - Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- - Squeeze the orange.
- - Pour the orange juice in a little bowl.
- - Add the paprika and the remaining olive oil.
- - Stir very well.
- - Arrange the fish skewers in a baking pan.
- . Pour in the oil-and-orange mixture.
- - Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and increase the temperature in the last minutes.
- - Season to taste with salt only if necessary.
Just before serving
- - Arrange the polenta slices and fish skewers on the serving plate and serve at once.
- - As you've just read it's a simple-to-do recipe and you need no much time.
- - The fish skewers you can see in the photo can be bought read- to-cook in Italy. But Carlo and I prefer to prepare them according to our taste buying the ingredients. In fact crustaceans and fish cook in different times. So we are used to prepare skewers only with fish or only with crustaceans.
- - You can cook fish skewers in other ways. Bake them simplier with no orange juice and only with olive oil. You have to increase the olive oil with a greater amount of fat. In Italy we are used to cook fish by adding orange juice according to the Sicilian style.
- - This is one-plate meal. Eventually you can accompany it with a green salad or raw vegetables to crunch at the end of your meal.
- - The photograph was made with polenta taragna. We prefer it to the usual polenta made with corn flour for its great amount of fiber.
- - As you can see I wasn't able to calculate nutrition facts of polenta with fish skewers. It's impossible because there are too many variables.
The fish skewers were ready-to-bake. Besides it's difficult to know calories and fat of cooked polenta. The nutritionists say there are 80 to 120 kcal per 100g (3 1/2 ounces) cooked polenta. Everything depends on its consistency, ie the amount of water.
- - Keep in mind polenta is a food that even the people who suffer from celiac disease can consume. It has a low glycemic index too.
What's the right wine for " Polenta with fish skewers "?
Our suggestion is to match a young red wine or a white wine, if you prefer.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1