Insalata di riso ceci e tonno
Rice salad with chick peas and tuna in oil Our original home cooking
This cold rice dish is very tasty for the presence of chick peas and tuna in oil. All your guests will like it very much. Ideal for your BBQ, get-together, alfresco dinner menu or a meal, buffet-style. Besides if you come home one evening and have not much time but wish to eat anything good and healthy, this may be the solution for you. It's enough to have rice, canned chick peas and tuna in oil at home! Do you follow the Mediterranean diet? this is the right choice for you! Pair a good-quality rosé wine. There are a lot of rosé wines of Tuscany, Sicily, Sardinia, Salento in Apulia (Puglia) ...
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 120g (4 1/4 ounces) dried chick peas, soaked overnight
- 240g (8 1/2 ounces) tuna in oil, well drained and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp dried chives
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 or 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g (7 ounces - little more than a cup) white, long-grain, parboiled rice
preparation: 15 minutes
plus soaking time
cooking: at least 60 minutes
total: 1 h 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 462 (kcal) 24 % GDA (*)- 1934 (kJ)
Protein: 25.5 (g) 51 % GDA
Total fat: 17.2 (g) 25 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 54.7 (g) 21 % GDA
Sugars: 1.3 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (141 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for rice salad with chick peas and tuna in oil
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook chick peas until tender. You could need more than an hour.
So it would be better to use a pressure cooker.
Remember to add bay leaves too.
- - When your chick peas are tender, drain them very well and let them cool.
- - Meanwhile cook rice in abundant salt water.
- - Drain your rice and cool under cold running water to stop its cooking.
Drain it again very well.
- - Pour it into a large bowl.
- - Add chick peas, tuna and aromatic herbs too.
- - Dress with olive oil and season to taste with salt.
Just before serving
- - Wait at least for an hour to serve your rice salad with chick peas and tuna.
- - If you prepare this rice salad ahead chill it but keep it back to room temperature before serving,
- - For a quicker recipe. You can use canned chick peas, well drained. 1 400g (14 ounces) can should be enough.
- - You can use fresh aromatic herbs instead of dried ones. The taste is better.
- - This rice salad with chick peas and tuna is a perfect summer dish because you can eat it cold.
- - You can also serve this rice salad in a meal, buffet-style or in your alfresco dinner or BBQ party or casual get-together menu.
- - In the case of multi-course menu the doses are enough for more people.
- - This cold dish hasn't many ingrendients but they are enough to reach medium-high calories, protein and fat. So you have to consider it as a single-course meal. Besides it isn't well balanced for the absence of vegetables.
- - If you like the combination of its ingredients and would prepare it for your daily lunch, use these amounts per head: 50g (1 3/4 ounce) rice, 30g (1 ounce) dried chick peas, 60g (2.1 ounces) tuna in oil, less than 2 tsp olive oil, aromatic herbs according to your own taste.
Complete your menu with seasonal raw vegetables if you're still hungry.
Planning the menu for the rest of the day be careful not to choose foods too rich protein and prefer vegetables.
- - This rice salad has only 4.3g of fibers and the recommended daily intake is 30g.
- - I remember you all my original home recipes can be made without salt. There is always a combination of flavors that substitutes salt.
Remember to look carefully at the green navigation bar to look for all our sections dedicated to Italian food!
What's the right wine for " Rice salad with chick peas and tuna in oil "?
Pair Regaleali Rosato (rosé wine of Sicily - Italy) with this tasty rice salad or another rosè wine according to your own taste. Carlo and I like Regaleali Rosato very much because it leaves a particular aftertaste: a pleasant sensation of fresh and ripe fruit.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1