Riso con melanzane e tonno
Rice with aubergines and tuna Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 1 medium size aubergine
- 2 big, ripe but firm tomatoes
- A little bunch of fresh chives, chopped
- A little bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Some leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaves
- 150 ml (5 fl oz - 3/4 C) dry white wine
- 1 160 g (5 1/2oz) can tuna in oil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g (7 oz) rice
preparation: 30 minutes
plus resting time
cooking: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (160 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Prepare the aubergine. Remove the end, slice the aubergine crossways (every slice must be 1 cm - 1/3in thick) and put
the slices in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and cover them with a plate. Let them rest for about 1 hour in order to
remove their typical bitter flavour. At the end wash every slice under running water, pat dry with absorbent kitchen
paper and cube.
Meanwhile boil the tomatoes for 1 minute, peel them, remove their seeds and cube. Prepare aromatic herbs.
Fry the cubed aubergine in the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan for about 5 minutes, stirring now and then. At this point add the tomatoes, aromatic herbs (put some apart except bay leaves) and wine. Season to taste with salt, stir, lower the flame and keep on cooking, half-covered, until the wine is evaporated.
Meanwhile drain the tuna in oil and crush it on a plate with a fork. Then boil the rice in a plenty of salted water. Drain it very well and pour into the pan together with the aromatic herbs left and tuna; stir and let all the ingredients amalgamate over a fierce heat for some moments. Switch off the gas and serve at once.
- - This is a tasty one-plate meal. You can complete with fresh seasonal fruit.
- - If you don't find the ripe tomatoes, you can use canned peeled tomatoes (4 or 5).
- - You can substitute fresh herbs with dried ones.
What's the right wine for " Rice with aubergines and tuna "?
Our suggestion is: Castel del Monte Rosato (rosé wine from Apulia - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1