Riso con pomodori e mozzarella
Tomato & mozzarella cheese rice Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 6 little, ripe tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh parsley, basil and chives
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) courgette flowers
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 50 ml (2 fl oz - 1/4 C) white wine
- 200 g (7 oz) rice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (97 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Wash the tomatoes, boil them for 1 minute, peel, remove their seeds and grate. Clean, wash and chop aromatic herbs very
finely. Put the tomatoes and aromatic herbs in a pan together with the marjoram and wine. Season to taste with salt,
bring to the boil, lower the flame and simmer, stirring now and then, half-covered, until the cooking juice is well retired.
Meanwhile cook the rice in a plenty of salted water until "al dente" stage; grate the mozzarella cheese and running prepare the courgette flowers. Remove their stalk, open them with delicacy and remove their pistil; wash them under water quickly and with delicacy and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Cut them into thin strips and put aside.
Drain the rice very well, pour it into the pan, add also courgette flowers and stir with a wooden spoon. Let all the ingredients amalgamate over a gentle heat, stirring now and then, for some moments. Switch off the gas, add the olive oil, stir and sprinkle with the grated mozzarella. Cover the pan and let the all rest for some minutes before serving.
- - This is a single-course meal that you can complete with seasonal fruit.
- - You can prepare it even when there are no seasonal fresh ingredients. You can use dried aromatic herbs and canned tomatoes and not add courgette flowers.
What's the right wine for " Tomato & mozzarella cheese rice "?
Our suggestion is: a good white wine
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1