Risotto con le fragole
Straberry risotto Our original home cooking
Risotto with strawberries is a light, vegetarian recipe, suitable for children too. Make strawberry risotto when these fruits are in season: spring, summer and early autumn, whereas a strawberry variety that blooms repeatedly is cultivated now. For people who prefer more intense flavors, I recommend my second version of strawberry risotto with a larger quantity of strawberries and red wine. Link below!
Srrawberry risotto is a Mediterranean recipe too!
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) strawberries, washed and puréed in a blender or food processor.
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/2 plus 1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1,4l (3 pints - 6 cups) vegetable broth
- 480g (17 ounces) long-grain, parboiled rice
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 357 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1495 (kJ)
Protein: 6.3 (g) 9 % GDA
Total fat: 8.8 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 67.5 (g) 25 % GDA
Sugars: 2.7 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (114 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Strawberry risotto recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare broth.
Keep it boiling while cooking your risotto.
- - Meanwhile add olive oil and rice in a large saucepan.
- - Cook until rice looks milky, 3 to 4 minutes.
- - Add wine and simmer until absorbed, stirring.
- - At this point add 2 ladlefuls of vegetable broth and simmer until absorbed, stirring now and then.
- - Continue adding broth, ladle by ladle, until rice is tender.
- - A minute before the end of cooking, add puréed strawberries.
Remember to put apart some strawberries to garnish before reducing them to purée.
Just before serving
- - Turn off the stove, add chives and stir.
- - Let your strawberry risotto rest for few minutes before serving.
- - Serve in individual dishes or in a bowl topped with whole strawberries as you can see in the photo.
- - Obviously strawberry risotto will never be a winter dish. The best season is always spring (May-June) when strawberries are very fragrant.
- - As risotto with strawberries is very simple, it is important to choose the finest ingredients: strawberries should be ripe and fragrant (don't choose big strawberries, you'll have the best results with medium-sized variety) and rice should not overcook.
- - This version of risotto with strawberries is suitable for people approaching the rice-fruit combination for the first time. It hasn't a high content of strawberries and the wine used is white.
- - Use fresh chives for the best result.
- - If you use brown rice, strawberry risotto is a real Mediterranean diet recipe!
- - You can mix rice with a cream cheese or mascarpone if you like, simultaneously with chives. But obviously total fat amount will be completely different.
- - Straberry risotto is a dish you can prepare for your daily menu or special occasions such as ceremonies celebrated at home.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Do you like strawberries? You could also be interested in another version of strawberry risotto in which I used asparagus too that is bicolor risotto or in strawberry-and-speck risotto.
- - Daily menu. Risotto with strawberries has few ingredients. It's a low-calorie main dish, perfect for your family lunch in spring and summer. Read its nutrition facts. It's a low-fat risotto recipe too. Besides it tastes fantastic, so it's ideal when you're on a diet. Complete your menu with seasonal vegetables if you're still hungry. Asparagus are perfect. You can also choose boiled or grilled vegetable seasoned with a little olive oil. Consider that each tablespoon of olive oil provides 10 grams of fat and 90 calories.
I remember rice should be eaten preferably at lunch and the calories eaten at lunch should be 500 - 700 (30 - 35% of energy needs for an adult if his daily needs are about 2000 calories and he correctly divides his calories into 5 micro-meals).
At dinner you could eat a portion of meat or fish with raw or cooked vegetables and a portion of bread (50g - 1 3/4 ounce). The proteins you haven't eaten at lunch will be one of the main nutrient in your dinner.
Here are the doses per head: 80g (2.8 ounces) long-grain parboiled rice, 50g (1 3/4 ounce) strawberries, the amount you prefer of chives, 250ml (8 1/2 fluid ounces or 1 cup) vegetable broth, less than 2 teaspoons olive oil and the amount of wine enough to cover your rice.
- - Celebration menu. If you prepare strawberry risotto for a celebration menu don't worry too much about its nutrition facts. It's a rare event.
- - Strawberry risotto has only 1.2 grams of fiber. The recommended daily value is 30g.
- - I remember you my original home recipes can be made without salt. There is always a combination of flavors that substitutes salt. To browse our website easily, look at our navigation bar and click on green button (Italian cooking). That's our home for cooking directory.
What's the right wine for " Straberry risotto "?
My husband and I match Italian "Prosecco" to strawberry risotto if served in a celebration menu. If choose this risotto for your daily menu pair Grignolino (red wine of Piedmont) or another young red wine.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2