Risotto con ceci e vongole
Risotto with chick peas and clams Our original home cooking
Generally, I prepare this rice recipe with chick peas and clams all year round. In fact, I use canned chick peas and frozen shelled clams. It's easy to do e quick to do, really. Besides have a look at its calories!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can chick peas, well drained
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) frozen cooked clams, shelled
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) fresh young onion, finely sliced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- 800ml (1 2/3 pint - 3 1/3 cup) vegetable stock
- 1 sachet (0.15g) saffron ground powder
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) long-grain, parboiled rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 5 minutes
plus time for thawing clams
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 390 (kcal) 20 % GDA (*)- 1633 (kJ)
Protein: 13.2 (g) 27 % GDA
Total fat: 7.4 (g) 11 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 67.2 (g) 25 % GDA
Sugars: 5.0 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (117 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for risotto with chick peas and clams
Preparation and cooking
- - Let clams thaw at room temperature.
Drain them very well but put apart the liquid in which they were preserved.
- - Prepare vegetable stock and keep it boiling during all time in which rice will cook.
- - Cooking risotto.
Put olive oil together with onions and bay leaf in a large saucepan.
Let these ingredients fry slightly for some minutes, on low heat, stirring now and then.
Add rice too and flavor for two minutes.
Pour in wine together with preservation liquid of clams, stir and let all evaporate completely, stirring frequently.
Then add 2 ladles boiling stock. Remember to melt saffron in stock ladles.
Let stock reduce very well before adding other one.
Remember to stir now and then.
Continue cooking, adding stock when necessary, until rice is tender or according to the package directions.
Five minutes before the end of cooking, add chick peas.
One minute before turning off the stove, add clams, parsley and chives.
Your risotto must be dry and rice grains must be well separated.
Just before serving
- - Wait a couple of minutes before serving.
- - If you want, you can use fresh clams.
- - If you don't find saffron powder you can use 1 teaspoon saffron threads.
- - Use fresh parsley and chives when in season. Add them to risotto in the same manner after washing. Cut them in.
- - Risotto with chick peas and clams is a good dish for your everyday menu.
- - I never prepare it for my get-togethers.
- - My doses are ideal for everyday menu. In fact I use a smaller portion of olive oil and rice than the recommended ones.
- - I remember you the combination legumes and carbo is recommended by Mediterranean diet.
- - So you can eat this risotto frequently.
What's the right wine for " Risotto with chick peas and clams "?
My husband and I like to pair rosé wine to my risotto with chick peas and clams such as Lacryma Christi (rosé wine from Naples).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1