Risotto con storione affumicato
Risotto with smoked sturgeon Our original home cooking
Smoked sturgeon is easily found in supermarkets during Christmas time in Italy. And it was then that I thought of this recipe. Very simple but tasty. I have joined together zucchini, Jerusalem artichokes and smoked sturgeon. It came out a special main dish if I listen to my friends! The recipe for sturgeon risotto is ideal for your full menus such as a seafood dinner party with friends.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) smoked strurgeon in slices
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) zucchini
- 200g (7 ounces) Jerusalem artichokes
- 80g (2.8 ounces) carrots
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) onion
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) leek
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) long-grain parboiled rice
- 250ml (8 1/2 fluid ounces - 1 cup) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 1 hour
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 413 (kcal) 21 % GDA (*)- 1730 (kJ)
Protein: 15.1 (g) 31 % GDA
Total fat: 9.3 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 71.2 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 3.1 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (67 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Smoked sturgeon risotto recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare risotto broth.
Simmer carrot, onion, celery, Jerusalem artichokes and aromatics covered with 2l (4 1/4 pints) salted water.
Obviously, you have to clean, peel and cut in big pieces all these vegetables.
After 30 minutes, mash all vegetables with a fork and put them back into your broth.
Add other Jerusalem artichokes if you want to garnish your dish but put apart them, do not mash!
- - Cook risotto.
Slice leek very finely, put it in a skillet and fry slightly in olive oil, on very low heat.
Add rice and cook until milky, stirring now and then, about 2 minutes.
Increase heat, pour in wine and let it evaporate completely, stirring now and then.
At this point, begin pouring in boiling broth, a ladle at a time.
Reduce heat, let cooking liquid reduce and only at this point add another ladle of broth.
Continue cooking until rice is tender.
Your risotto must have the consistency you can see in the photo.
5 to 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add zucchini, sliced in very thin rounds.
The time depends on personal taste. If you prefer very crisp vegetables you need just few minutes.
Once turned off the stove, add smoked sturgeon, cut into thin strips, and stir.
Just before serving
- - Serve your smoked sturgeon risotto still warm, after a couple of minutes.
- - I garnished my plate with a slice of sturgeon, zucchini and Jerusalem artichoke rounds as you can see in the photo. They are not included in my doses.
- - You can't prepare this risotto in advance and I suggest not to warm it up. So calculate your doses well not to have leftovers.
- - Of course, like all my other recipes, seen the richness of vegetables and herbs you can also decrease the amount of salt or even not use it. Few fibers in this risotto, only 2.3 grams.
- - Serve sturgeon risotto in a full menu on Holiday Season or in winter get-togethers with your friends who love seafood.
- - I suggest it for your New Year's Eve meal, buffet style too.
What's the right wine for " Risotto with smoked sturgeon "?
Without any doubt sparkling wine is the best choice for this dish and thinking of a full menu with different ingredients too. Sparkling wine agrees everyone, right?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1