Risotto funghi e gamberi
Mushroom-and-prawn risotto Our original home cooking
Mushroom-and-prawn risotto is an Italian dish that can be achieved with fresh or frozen products. Frozen ingredients help you to reduce time. So if you have little time you can realize a tasty and good-looking dish very quickly. It's a recipe for all seasons. This risotto is ideal if you are planning a last minute get-together or have a short lunch break.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 320g (11 1/3 ounces) long-grain parboiled rice
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) leek, finely sliced
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) frozen, assorted mushrooms
- 200g (7 ounces) frozen, shelled prawns
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 sachets (0.30g) saffron ground powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1l (2.1 pints - 4 1/4 cups) vegetable broth
- 150ml (5 fluid ounce - 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 467 (kcal) 24 % GDA (*)- 1954 (kJ)
Protein: 16.9 (g) 34 % GDA
Total fat: 6.1 (g) 9 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 72.8 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 5.0 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (121 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for prawn-and-mushroom risotto
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Place leek in a large saucepan together with olive oil.
Fry slightly on a very low heat.
In the meantime weigh rice and remove mushrooms from freezer.
Pour mushrooms into the pan and stir.
Continue cooking, after increasing heat, until the mushrooms are thawed, about 5 minutes.
Bring broth to a boil.
When it boils pour in still-frozen prawns.
As soon as broth brings to a boil again, remove prawns immediately with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- - Add rice and complete cooking.
Pour rice into the pan and stir.
Cook rice until milky, about a couple of minutes, stirring often.
Pour in wine.
Let it evaporate, stirring occasionally.
At this point start adding broth, one ladle at a time.
In the first ladle melt saffron. At the same time add aromatic herbs too.
Dissolve tomato paste in the second ladle of hot broth.
Continue cooking rice adding a little boiling broth each time your risotto has reduced it.
Do not stir too many times.
Just before serving
- - Once cooked, turn off the stove, just add prawns, stir and serve.
- - You can serve this risotto dish accompanied by a little bowl full of grated Parmesan cheese so everyone will be able to sprinkle on the top according to his own taste.
- - I also made risotto croquettes with some risotto left: yummy!
- - You can make this risotto with prawns and mushrooms for your family menu or last minute get-togethers with frozen ingredients.
- - On the contrary, if you have more time, you could choose good-quality fresh ingredients and make a tastier dish even for formal dinner party. In this case it serves more than 4.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in mushrooms to be able to choose the best quality according to your needs.
- - Daily menu. This risotto is rich in ingredients and so it is one-plate meal. Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
What's the right wine for " Mushroom-and-prawn risotto "?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1