Risotto salmone, tonno e piselli
Risotto with salmon, tuna and peas Our original home cooking
This risotto with smoked salmon, tuna and peas is a plate full of ingredients that I studied for a challenging menu that I was asked for in an important event. Surely it can also made for your own family menu but beware of calories in this case! You can also garnish it with edible flowers (you can see nasturtiums in the photo). All year round recipe. The doses are for two people so you can multiply them according to your own needs. Quick-and-easy-to-do recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) long-grain, parboiled rice
- 50g (1 3/4 ounces) smoked salmon, in silices
- 1 160g (5.6 ounces) can tuna in oil, well drained
- 1 200g (7 ounces) can peas, well drained
- Some sprigs fresh chives
- Some sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 60g (2.1 ounces) spring onion
- 150ml (5 fluid ounces - 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500ml (1 pint - 2 cups) vegetable stock
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 573 (kcal) 29 % GDA (*)- 2398 (kJ)
Protein: 29.9 (g) 60 % GDA
Total fat: 19.1 (g) 28 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 75.2 (g) 28 % GDA
Sugars: 5.3 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (59 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for risotto with salmon, tuna and peas
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare vegetable stock.
- - Chop onion and let it fry slightly together with bay leaf in olive oil, on very low heat, stirring frequently. Use a non-stick frying pan.
- - Add rice and let it get milky, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- - At this point pour in wine, increase heat and let it evaporate, completely.
- - Then pour in boiling stock. At first, a couple of ladles and then one at a time.
Stir now and then.
Continue keeping your stock boiling.
Cook until rice is tender.
- - Meanwhile ...
... crush tuna in a plate with a fork.
Cut salmon slices into strips.
Let peas drain well.
Clean and wash chives and parsley. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and put apart.
- - Some minutes before turning off the stove, add salmon, tuna and peas. Remove bay leaf and cut in parsley and chives. Stir accurately.
Just before serving
- - Let your risotto with salmon, tuna and peas rest for some minutes before serving.
- - You can make vegetable stock with cube or, more simplier, letting a carot, onion and celery stalk boil, about 15 minutes, in 750ml (1.6 pints) water. You need more time but your result will be better. At the end, strain your stock and season with salt but beware: tuna and salmon are already salty.
- - Use dried chives and parsley in winter.
- - I created this risotto salmon, tuna and peas for a person who was to celebrate an important event in the house with a standing buffet and did not have much time for preparation. I did serve this risotto hot at the end. While guests could choose between meat and fish carpaccio, pies, vegetable flans, pizzas, omelette with truffles, biscuits and some kebab prepared by the butcher and cooked in the oven just before the start of the reception, the hostess house did risotto with calm, being able to dedicate to the guests. In fact, he had already prepared everything and just had to physically follow the various stages of cooking. You can make risotto even when there are guests if you prepare all ingredients in advance. The risotto should not be shot continuously unless you use ingredients that tend to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- - This is a risotto to choose for a full only-fish menu too.
- - I suggest 2 servings for your family menu.
If served in a full menu or in a meal, buffet-style these ingredients are enough for more than 4 people.
- - This salmon-pea-and-tuna risotto is so rich in ingredients that if you serve it in your family menu, you should complete your meal only with seasonal fruit.
However, keep in mind that this recipe does not meet the principles of healthy eating.
1) Too many ingredients derived from industrial production and, as a consequence of it, too much salt.
2) Peas, already a source of protein, together with salmon and tuna. They all are a source of protein. Peas, like all legumes, should be associated with pasta or should replace other sources of protein.
- - Fiber per serving: 4.5 grams
What's the right wine for " Risotto with salmon, tuna and peas "?
Pair a still, medium body white wine to this risotto with salmon, tuna and peas. But you could also consider an Italian prosecco or a dry sparkling wine that are ideal for meals, buffet-style too.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1