Risotto con anguilla affumicata
Smoked eel risotto Our original home cooking
This risotto with smoked eel is simple but tasty and is very suitable for special menus, refined or rustic, for example at Christmas holidays. Indeed, smoked eel is special at this time. Imagine it on your table at Christmas or New Year's Eve. Below, you'll be able to find a link to a full menu, Italian style.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 400g (14 ounces) long-grain, parboiled rice
- 200g (7 ounces) smoked eel, in fillets
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 liters (3.2 pints) vegetable stock
- 200ml (0,.4 pints) dry white wine
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 394 (kcal) 20 % GDA (*)- 1648 (kJ)
Protein: 11.1 (g) 23 % GDA
Total fat: 16.1 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 54.5 (g) 21 % GDA
Sugars: 0.5 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (34 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Smoked eel risotto recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare vegetable stock and keep it boiling while you are making your risotto.
- - Put olive oil, bay leaf and rice in a saucepan.
- - Cook until rice looks milky, 3 to 4 minutes.
- - Add white wine and simmer until absorbed, stirring.
- - At this point add 2 ladlefuls of vegetable stock and simmer until absorbed, stirring.
Continue adding stock, ladle by ladle, until rice is tender.
- - Meanwhile ...
... cut smoked eel fillets into pieces.
- - Once turned off the stove, add smoked eel and aromatic herbs. Stir very well.
Just before serving
- - Let your risotto rest, few minutes before serving.
You can garnish every dish with chopped parsley, if you have it fresh.
- - Parsley and chives are not in season in winter. Generally, I freeze them in summer. I wash and pat dry these aromatic herbs and then cut them into little plastic bags suitable for freezing. They may be kept several months without losing their flavor too much.
Useful links for this recipe
- - As promised, here it is a link to a full menu suitable for Holiday Season.
- - Want to know another recipe with smoked eel? Tagliatelle are very good.
- - This risotto recipe is well-balanced and can be included in the family menu too. But I remember that if you follow a healthy diet, it is better to avoid frequent consumption of smoked food.
- - This smoked eel risotto has no fiber. In fact it has only 0.3 grams per serving. I always recommend using brown rice but when you have guests, unless you do not know their tastes very well, it is better to avoid it.
What's the right wine for " Smoked eel risotto "?
Pair bubbles to this risotto with smoked eel. It is the best choice. A rosé sparkling wine too ;))
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1