Frittata al forno con erbe aromatiche
Baked omelette with aromatic herbs Traditional recipe
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Half a glass of milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar, if you like
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 173 (kcal) 9 % GDA (*)- 723 (kJ)
Protein: 14.2 (g) 19 % GDA
Total fat: 12.0 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 1.9 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 1.9 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Baking frittata is a method for cooking a lighter frittata, with less fat.
This frittata with aromatic herbs is a light, quick and tasty recipe!
Separate whites from yolks. Beat egg yolks with milk in a bowl and then add grated Parmesan and aromatic herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like, and stir.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Meanwhile whip egg whites until stiff. Oil a deep baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Fold whipped whites into omelette in circular movements from the bottom upwards, using a wooden spoon. Turn the mixture in the baking dish and level the surface. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the surface is golden. Don't open the oven during cooking time for avoiding omelette goes down.
Wait some minutes before serving. If you want, you can add some drops of balsamic vinegar.
- - You have to choose the right baking dish; omelette has not to be too thick. In fact in this case omelette doesn't cook well inside.
- - You can cube your omelette and serve it as a tasty appetizer with different cocktails. Be careful with the dimension; a guest has to eat every piece in a mouthful.
- - This is a light recipe; in fact we substitute frying with baking.
- - You can serve this omelette with different side dishes: potatoes, assorted grilled vegetables, tomato salad, green salads. Or raw vegetables with dip on the side (Italian pinzimonio).
What's the right wine for " Baked omelette with aromatic herbs "?
Our suggestion is: a red wine from Italy such as Chianti D.O.C.G.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1