Frittata di pasta cotta al forno
Baked pasta omelette Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 2 little portions of pasta leftovers (about 100 g - 3 1/2oz)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 334 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1395 (kJ)
Protein: 15.7 (g) 32 % GDA
Total fat: 17.9 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 26.3 (g) 10 % GDA
Sugars: 4.0 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (150 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Do you know frittata with pasta ? It's a classical recipe of Italian cooking.
You can make it in two ways, deep fried or baked. This is the recipe of baked frittata with pasta leftovers.
It's very simple to do, quick and tasty!
If you have some dressed pasta left, you can use it in the following way: make a tasty omelette!
Separate whites from the yolks; add yolks to pasta together with dried chives, season to taste with salt and stir.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Meanwhile whip egg whites until stiff. Oil a deep baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Fold whipped whites into pasta in circular movements from the bottom upwards, using a wooden spoon. Turn the mixture in the baking dish and level the surface. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the surface is golden. Don't open the oven during cooking time for avoiding omelette goes down.
Wait some minutes before serving.
- - You have to choose the right baking dish; omelette has not to be too thick. In fact in this case omelette doesn't cook well inside.
- - This dish can be an excellent one-plate meal if you serve it with a seasonal green salad or assorted vegetables. In this case it's a light meal. Besides it's more digestible than the common omelette, fried in the oil.
What's the right wine for " Baked pasta omelette "?
Our suggestion is: Barbera del Monferrato (red wine from Piedmont).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1