Asparagi con salsa olandese
Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce Traditional recipe
This is one of the many traditional ways to serve asparagus. Just boil and serve them with Hollandaise sauce. The sauce is tasty and the resulting dish is eaten willingly.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1kg (2.2 pound) fresh asparagus
- Hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 130g (4 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 55 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 305 (kcal) 16 % GDA (*)- 1277 (kJ)
Protein: 5.5 (g) 11 % GDA
Total fat: 29.7 (g) 43 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 4.3 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 4.3 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (116 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for asparagus with Hollandaise sauce
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare asparagus.
Clean asparagus. Scrape their lower part with a little knife to remove all earth and, if they are thick, remove the outer layers and woody stalks.
Cook them upright in tall asparagus steamer or boil them upright, tied into a bunch, in abundant salt water. Be careful their tips are out of the water.
You'll need 15 minutes for cooking them if they are thick but, if they are tender, you'll need 7-8 minutes.
Drain them, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Meanwhile prepare Hollandaise sauce. The link to the recipe below.
Just before serving
- - Arrange asparagus on individual plates.
Serve them with hot Hollandaise sauce sprinkled on their top.
- - Prepare Hollandaise sauce while steaming asparagus so you can have both hot.
- - Asparagus topped with Hollandaise sauce is a choice for a full menu when you have guests to celebrate something special in spring. They are suitable as starter or side dish for roast meat.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for Hollandaise sauce.
- - The portion of these asparagus topped with Hollandaise sauce is not abundant and the plate has a discrete number of calories and is rich in fat too. These three aspects do not make it an ideal choice for your everyday menu as I have already mentioned above.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams (daily intake is 30.0 grams)
Rating: 4 / vote cast: 1