Broccoli alla nostra maniera
Broccoli with anchovies and capers Our original home cooking
Broccoli can be cooked in countless ways. This is a very simple and easy to do recipe, the preferred in my family, in which we combine broccoli with capers and anchovies in oil. Recipe for the Mediterranean diet. Calories are included too.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 450g (1 pound) frozen calabrese broccoli
- 1 tablespoon capers in vinegar
- 1 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 5 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 128 (kcal) 7 % GDA (*)- 535 (kJ)
Protein: 8.4 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 6.6 (g) 10 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 8.7 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 8.5 (g) 10 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (89 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for broccoli with anchovies and capers
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam frozen broccoli until tender, about 10 minutes.
- - Put olive oil, anchovies, capers and steamed broccoli in a non-stick frying pan.
- - Season to taste with salt and cook over medium heat, stirring now and then with a wooden spoon, few minutes, to flavor all ingredients.
Just before serving
- - Serve your broccoli side dish hot or warm.
- - Calabrese broccoli is a type of broccoli with a single, compact, dense head similar to a cauliflower but colored in green.
- - If you prefer crisp vegetables, you can reduce steaming time and avoid stirring broccoli in the pan many times.
- - It's the ideal side dish to accompany steamed salmon, fishballs, every fish without sauce, grilled meat, roast beef, hamburgers ...
- - You can make it all year round with frozen broccoli and in cold months with fresh ones.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1