Broccoli e ceci
Broccoli and chickpea flan Our original home cooking
Broccoli are delicious when combined with chickpeas. I often put together these two ingredients to form a delicious pie that all my guests always appreciate very much. To be considered a true Mediterranean recipe and a vegan dish too.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1 1/3 pounds) frozen broccoli tops
- 2 400g (14ounces) cans chickpeas, in brine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Table salt
- 20g (3/4 ounce) black truffle, if liked
preparation: 10 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 249 (kcal) 13 % GDA (*)- 1041 (kJ)
Protein: 12.9 (g) 26 % GDA
Total fat: 12.2 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 23.1 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 6.4 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (46 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Broccoli and chickpea flan recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam broccoli.
- - Meanwhile ...
...drain chickpeas from their preserving liquid very well.
- - Season to taste with salt broccoli and chickpeas and then purée them.
- - Preheat oven to 180° (350°).
- - Grease a plumcake mold with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
Transfer your vegetable purée into the mold and level its surface.
- - Bake until pie surface is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your flan become warm and then turn it upside down on a serving dish.
Cut it into slices and decoratewith black truffle, cut into thin slices.
Dress with the remaining olive oil.
- - If you want, you can use fresh broccoli (1.1kg - 2.4 pounds) and dried chick peas (200g - 7 ounces). But preparation and cooking time are longer, obviously.
- - You can prepare black truffle in advance. Cut it into thin slices and cover them with abundant olive oil and a pinch of salt. If you want, you can add a garlic clove. I prefer not to add the garlic.
- - You can prepare this dish in advance: in the morning for the evening.
- - This broccoli and chickpea flan is perfect to serve as an appetizer in a full menu. It can be combined with the classic assortment of cold cuts according to the Italian style but I also have the habit to accompany dishes with shrimps and shellfish too.
- - It is also a good solution when you need to prepare a standing lunch or dinner because you can eat it only with the fork.
- - It becomes often our vegetarian dinner. And so its portions are calculated for this situation. If you have to serve it in a full menu, you can consider more than 10 servings. But everything depends on the rest of your menu.
- - Black truffle is optional and so it is non included in calories.
- - As you have just read, this recipe is well balanced from all points of view. If you choose it for your family menu, you can complete your meal as you prefer. I generally consider it a resource for my two vegetarian days in the typical week of cold months. So I match it to a pumpkin cream of a light soup and a portion of bread.
What's the right wine for " Broccoli and chickpea flan "?
My husband and I have paired different wines to this broccoli flan: the bubbles of Prosecco, white and young red wines.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1