Fried mushrooms is one of the tastiest way to cook fresh mushrooms. You'll have the best result with porcino mushrooms (Boletus species). But be careful: they must be fragrant and firm. On the contrary it's better to choose other kinds of mushrooms. Cultivated mushrooms can work well too. Other recipes for vegetable and pulses?
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) fresh mushrooms (Boletus edulis or cultivated mushrooms)
- 2 eggs
- Plain dried breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan
- Peanut oil for frying
Fried mushrooms recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Mushrooms.
Clean mushrooms removing any lumps of earth and other impurities with the tip of a knife blade.
Brush off grit and dirt with a toothbrush.
Do not rinse them under cold running water: you could loose their delicate taste!
Moisten some absorbent kitchen paper and clean them accurately.
Cut them into large pieces or slice as you can see in the photo.
- - Batter.
Beat eggs together with a little milk and a pinch of salt.
Dip mushrooms first into beaten eggs and then in a blend of plain dried breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan according to your own taste.
- - Frying mushrooms.
Brown them on all sides in a frying pan with a lot of peanut oil.
Remove them from the oil with a skimming ladle.
Use absorbent kitchen paper to eliminate the excess of oil.
Season to taste with salt at once.
Just before serving
- - Serve your mushrooms still hot!
- - I did not deliberately given the amount of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
Prepare this mixture according to your taste. But bread must predominate.
It's also difficult to determine the total amount. Mushrooms absorb it in too variable way.
- - Peanut oil is the best for frying.
- - As I have already written porcini mushroom is the best quality for this recipe but it is also the most difficult to recover in the best conditions for frying.
Mushrooms must be very firm, intact and fragrant
- - Serve fried mushrooms as appetizer accompanied by bites of Parmesan and assorted salami.
Someone is used to prepare them as side-dish. I think it may be indigestible dish.
- - As you can see I didn't insert any figure in nutrition facts.
n.c. means not calculated. It's impossible to know how much oil and breadcrumbs mushrooms may absorb and so it is impossible to calculate calories seriously.
I prefer to inform you fried mushrooms is a dish with lots of calories that can't be eaten frequently and that frying is a cooking method to use rarely ;)